Changes Coming to Seating in Coleman

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Rama Jama mentioned in another thread he got a letter stating his seats were being moved due to a change in student seating. Cecil wrote a little about it today. Link

The University of Alabama is in the process of contacting its men's basketball season ticket holders about significant changes in the seating configuration at Coleman Coliseum for the upcoming season.

The changes are primarily designed to bring Alabama students closer to the floor. In recent seasons, UA most UA student seating has been placed behind the basket nearest to the visiting team bench in Sections V, W and X. The new plan would move the student section across from the visiting bench into Sections R and S, continuing into Sections T, U and V.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I don't know where they would put the media, but I think they should move the TP members that were in R & S to Section O.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Back in the early 90's the students were in the same area. I remember sitting near the foul line almost every game. Glad they are moving the students back closer to the action.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I don't have a clue where we'll end up, but I'll be there regardless. The Tide Pride office is who contacted us and they stated it would be based on points and seniority. We are not in Tide Pride, although the wife has 33 years seniority, so I suspect we'll be much higher than we had been. The problem is that many of the Tide Pride folks never show up. I almost never miss a game. I am sure they can tell whose tickets get used and whose don't, but I feel that should be one of the main criteria for seat assignments.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I think if you are TP and never go - you lose your tickets the next season.
If you are Tide Pride and want to get points, let them make a donation if they have not intention of using the tickets. I know tickets are scanned so I think athletics should be able to tell who uses their tickets and who just show up for the Auburn game when we beat them in football.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
If you are Tide Pride and want to get points, let them make a donation if they have not intention of using the tickets. I know tickets are scanned so I think athletics should be able to tell who uses their tickets and who just show up for the Auburn game when we beat them in football.
I am a TP member, and I would actually be for this. It would give other TP members the possibility to move up in seating :cool2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.