Link: SEC Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2015

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click for all 14 teams

Alabama
“They’ve got the best talent top to bottom in our league again.”

“It’s an NFL-style attack on both sides of the ball, and they have big people that understand the system and play really well together.”

“They do a lot of different things with motions and shifts, and they’re very sound fundamentally.”

“Their defensive front will be as good as it’s been the last five years. They’re two-deep — at least — at every position. They eat up a lot of space and don’t let you run the football. That’s what they’re built to do.”

“They don’t have a C.J. Mosley-type at linebacker, but Reuben Foster is unbelievably talented. That’s a good solid part of their defense.”

“Teams hurt them on the back end of their defense last year, but they have guys returning in the secondary who are great athletes. They should be better there. Teams picked on Tony Brown a little bit last year as a freshman, but he’s a really talented corner. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t take the next step.”

“The quarterback question is interesting. With (Jake) Coker, throwing the ball isn’t the issue. They tried like crazy to make him the guy last year, but (Blake) Sims just outplayed him. Does (Coker) have the moxie? That’s the intangible you need to go out and win games in this league.”

“Nobody in the league was real sad when T.J. Yeldon and Amari Cooper declared for the draft, but the way they’ve recruited you know they’ll have playmakers on the perimeter.”

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
"Teams hurt them on the back end of their defense last year, but they have guys returning in the secondary who are great athletes. They should be better there. Teams picked on Tony Brown a little bit last year as a freshman, but he’s a really talented corner. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t take the next step.”
This sounds like Sumlin.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
It was real interesting read. Personally, I disagree about LSU, Texas A and M and Auburn.

LSU- I don't think they will ever develop their QBs this year... I don't know if it's LES or OC coach that is hindering the development of the QB. We'll see how defense looks under Steele, but Something tells me it'll be a trainwreck this year.

TAMU- Chavis is known for don't break, bend defense. Should be interesting to see what he'll do under Sumlin.. now that he has more freedom. But I don't know if they have the right piece to put together a scary defense.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I've heard Coach Saban say "our league" a lot when referring to the SEC, but not so much from other coaches. I bet most of those quotes were from him, except for the one about Bama, obviously.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.