Arian Foster goes public as a non-believer

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Can we find out his sexual preference also? Lol who gives a rip about who you sleep with or what you believe? Just play football and rack up points for my fantasy football team lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
You know, I guess once you've pounded sexual preference stories to death (ESPN, not you Jon), the next is to make the atheists feel less lonely and part of a much larger group.

You know....the very same thing atheists have mocked religion for for years.

Arian Foster has a right to believe (or not believe) what he wants, and I dare not wish this to be changed. Not only that but a lot of served a lot of years to make sure he has that right. So in THAT aspect I say "good for him."

(But let's not pretend Foster has introduced anything new to the ad infinitum debate; the coexistence and problem of God and evil will be argued long after the Earth self-adapts to climate change and the human race is still here).

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I have a relative who is an agnostic. Whenever I hear him or anyone say they don't believe I feel very sad, knowing they are lost. I can't imagine a life without the hope and peace that having faith in God gives me.
I understand the questions Foster has when he sees hardship and sorrow. I have them sometimes but believe we are responsible for how we handle adversity. We have free will and need presents us with opportunities. We can be an example to others if we hold on to our faith during struggles.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Man, reading that, I can relate. I was there, and asked those questions. What is sad to me, knowing what it is like to ask those questions, is that when you choose to be a non-believer, people actually believe that now they have truly opened their mind. But actually, you may end up narrowing your focus immensely, regarding all things spiritual. Then you eventually go down some really dark paths internally, things you don't share with others. Because if there is no God, then there is no god, so there's no thought of afterlife, and intellectually, what then becomes your individual purpose, what hope is there? Been there, done that.

What's beautiful about it to me, having kept the door of my mind only slightly open, God loved me anyway. And He loves Arian too.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I once thought and said the same things he is, and I understand the reasoning behind it. I know it doesn't matter to him, but I feel sad for him, as I still do for the young man I was when I thought and felt that way.

For years I struggled with finding meaning in life. There just wasn't any when I thought that way. There was always something very basic about my life that felt incomplete. When I really started studying different religious beliefs, came to believe in God again, and found why I believe we were created it made all of the difference. There is nothing more basic than having a purpose, and the need for hope of something better to come. It is one of the many reasons I do believe.

It is a sad state to not have a meaningful life. Because of my beliefs I hope he goes through the process I did, and does come to believe. If he doesn't I hope he finds some meaning in life.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Man, reading that, I can relate. I was there, and asked those questions. What is sad to me, knowing what it is like to ask those questions, is that when you choose to be a non-believer, people actually believe that now they have truly opened their mind. But actually, you may end up narrowing your focus immensely, regarding all things spiritual. Then you eventually go down some really dark paths internally, things you don't share with others. Because if there is no God, then there is no god, so there's no thought of afterlife, and intellectually, what then becomes your individual purpose, what hope is there? Been there, done that.

What's beautiful about it to me, having kept the door of my mind only slightly open, God loved me anyway. And He loves Arian too.
so one can only find hope in potential immortality?

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Our Sunday school class is a round table and we have been studying CS Lewis books for the past year. "The Screwtape Letters", "Surprised By Joy", "Mere Christianity", and another book, "CS Lewis's Case For Christ" by Art Lindsley, are the books we've covered. Of course CS Lewis was an atheist who converted to Christianity so he has strong arguments for both sides.

Our church has a new pastor as of last month and he was raised in an "open minded" family. Our class has invited him at the end of this month to come talk to us about his awakening.

The Foster video made me feel uneasy, almost as if this is the next agenda for the media once they get finished with gay rights. At the very least, it seems they are testing the waters. I certainly hope and pray the media doesn't start to glorify being atheist. If someone reaches that decision on their on, well OK, but being a Christian leads to such a fulfilling life for any who search in depth and it's tough enough already trying to spread the word. It's so much easier to just decide there is no god than it is to understand why there are catastrophes and tragedies or why Christianity is not just another myth. Foster didn't have any answer for his daughter when she asked about Zeus, so why wouldn't she wonder if there is a difference in Greek mythology and Christianity?

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
why would you need hope after physical death.
That is the crux of the issue isn't it?

For me there are two reasons:

1. Purpose in life. What am I here for? Is this all there is to it? What am I going to do with my life? Responses to those kind of questions are rooted in one of two things. A selfish getting the most out of the time that you have, or a higher purpose. That is not to say that belief in God is necessary for the latter. Plenty of people who do not believe in God are altruistic. But there is a much different mindset when the goal is rooted in what happens after physical death.
2. Loss. I have felt the death of a loved one without that hope of something after a physical death when I thought the way Arian is thinking. Complete loss instead of a hope of seeing them again is a horrible thing to endure.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.