Yet Another Black Teenager Killed by Police

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I forget which terminator movie it was (Two, I think), when the kid told Ahnolled, "You can't just go around killing people." Ahnolled, in the next gunfight, shot everybody in the leg, then surveyed the wounded and told the kid, "They'll live."
Yes it was in T2.....they were going to see John Connor's mother, Sarah and at the sanitarium guard gate and T2 (aka Ahnolled) shot the guard in the legs....."He'll live."

Classic scene!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
@AP BREAKING: Police: No physical contact between officer, Texas college football player shot dead.
@AP BREAKING: Arlington police chief fires officer who fatally shot unarmed Texas college football player.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
@AP BREAKING: Police: No physical contact between officer, Texas college football player shot dead.
@AP BREAKING: Arlington police chief fires officer who fatally shot unarmed Texas college football player.
Thanks RTR91. The police have got to stop this crap.

BREAKING NEWS
A police officer who shot and killed a Texas college football player has been fired

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 6:54 PM EDT

A rookie police officer who shot and killed a Texas college football player inside a car dealership in suburban Dallas was fired on Tuesday, the police said.
Chief Will Johnson of the Arlington police said that the officer, Brad Miller, 49, had been fired for the “inappropriate judgment” in the fatal shooting of Christian Taylor, 19. Chief Johnson said Officer Miller had entered the building without his partner, leading to an “an environment of cascading consequences.”
Police had said that Mr. Taylor was shot on Friday as he tried to flee from officers who had been dispatched to the Arlington dealership after reports of a suspected burglary.
Read more »

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Wow......astoundingly incompetent, by the sound of things.

I'd like to know what they found, if anything, in the kid's blood.

EDIT: Thanks for the link, Seebell. I just read the article and can't believe how incompetent that cop was. The teen was guilty of putting himself in a position where he was dependent on law enforcement to not do harm to him as he was pursued.....so there's that also.

Crazy.....

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/To...hen-Killed-by-Arlington-Police-323991991.html

Color me not surprised.

Doesn't justify the rookie cop shooting him, but certainly provides context.
Again with the "unarmed" adjective.
That would be relevant if the cop said at the the time that he knew at the time that the guy was unarmed.
Other than under those conditions, that is a news outlet committing an act of journalism, being salacious. If the cop said at the time, "Yeah, I knew that guy was unarmed and I shot him anyway," then the "unarmed" comment would fit. In this context, using that word is just being incendiary.

I remember watching that video and thinking that guy was higher than a kite.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Not to mention you can be killed by an unarmed person.
Yes, and there are many cops killed with their own weapons, for not shooting soon enough. For someone as high as this guy, tranquilizer darts and tasers are basically useless. They just shrug them off...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don't think the press has any business disclosing the race of either the cop OR the killed 'unarmed' suspect.

Because WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???????

If the press can conspire to NOT say "Redskins," then they most certainly can say, "Henceforth, we will no longer report the race of accused criminals or law enforcement personnel."

"Unarmed" is NOT a synonym for "not dangerous."

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I don't think the press has any business disclosing the race of either the cop OR the killed 'unarmed' suspect.

Because WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???????

If the press can conspire to NOT say "Redskins," then they most certainly can say, "Henceforth, we will no longer report the race of accused criminals or law enforcement personnel."

"Unarmed" is NOT a synonym for "not dangerous."
Off topic, but I was just reading an article about the Redskins. In the article, the Baltimore Ravens and the Detroit Lions are mentioned, but the Redskins are only referred to as Washington. I also pulled back up an article I read earlier in the week in which the Redskins were exclusively referred to as the Redskins, but the article has since been edited to replace Redskins with Washington.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Off topic, but I was just reading an article about the Redskins. In the article, the Baltimore Ravens and the Detroit Lions are mentioned, but the Redskins are only referred to as Washington. I also pulled back up an article I read earlier in the week in which the Redskins were exclusively referred to as the Redskins, but the article has since been edited to replace Redskins with Washington.
Earlier this week, Mike Greenberg pulled the old, "the team that plays in Washington" crap.

If Greenberg doesn't want to call a team by his name (as if the league requires his consent) then maybe he shouldn't be in the line of work he's in. (Hmm, where have I heard that one before?)

And I like Greenberg, don't get me wrong. But it's just absurd - about as dumb as ESPN NOT using the word "pistol" formation the morning after the Sandy Hook shooting. Puh-leeze!!! All that did was draw attention to what nobody would have even thought about.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.