Jets QB Geno Smith out 6-10 weeks with broken jaw after 'sucker punch'

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Geno Smith out 6-10 weeks with broken jaw after 'sucker punch'

Wasn't a sucker punch. I'm a grown man. If you point your finger in my face in an aggressive manner, please by all means, expect a broken jaw.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Re: Geno Smith out 6-10 weeks with broken jaw after 'sucker punch'

And the guy who did the punching was immediately cut, and Javy Arenas immediately signed. Roll Tide

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Before everyone freaks out - this isn't Geno Smith on Alabama's team.

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

I saw this and thought it was our DB Geno Smith. After Sunday (Cam Rob) and Monday (Tony Brown), I just can't take any more of that kind of news.

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

Before everyone freaks out - this isn't Geno Smith on Alabama's team.
Thank you! I was about to recommend someone change the thread title to The JETS Geno Smith and NOT Alabama Safety Geno Smith. When I saw the original thread my unbroken jaw dropped.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

I got that "Oh, no . . . " feeling.

He isn't an Alabama ex and is in the NFL. Move it to Pro Sports?

Last edited:

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com

Wasn't a sucker punch. I'm a grown man. If you point your finger in my face in an aggressive manner, please by all means, expect a broken jaw.
I agree, but one report made it sound like he walked off for a period of time and then came back and punched him.
All the facts are fuzzy right now IMO.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Geno posted this picture to Instagram after the incident. Doesn't necessarily mean the picture was taken afterwards.

Doesn't look like he was suckered punched.

Also, Alabama's Geno Smith is now Geno Matias-Smith because he wanted to honor his mother.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

Thats how real men handle things like that. Gino will think twice before doing that again.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Thank god. Gino has been a busy since day 1. There was a reason why he dropped out of the 1st round and Jets management was too stupid to figure it out until it was too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
From Adam Schefter on Facebook:

Story behind the punch that broke Geno Smith's jaw in two places:

At the heart of the dispute between former Jets LB IK Enemkpali and quarterback Geno Smith is $600 that Enemkpali believed Smith owed him, per league sources. Enemkpali purchased a plane ticket for Smith to attend his July 11 football camp at Pfugerville High School in Pfugerville, Texas. However, days before the camp, a person close to Smith was killed in a motorcycle accident in Miami and Smith did not attend Enemkpali’s camp, per sources. After Smith did not attend, Enemkpali demanded that the Jets’ quarterback refund him the $600 he allegedly used to purchase a plane ticket. Smith told Enemkpali he would reimburse him the money, but he did not. Enkempali confronted Smith today about the money and the confrontation ended in a punch and broken jaw.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.