News Article: Alabama senate proposes bill to have Auburn claim 9 titles

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This would be silly coming from Auburn's administration. It's depressing coming from a state senator when our state is in the midst of serious financial issues.

As far as Auburn's claim to any titles, it reeks of petty jealousy. I really wish they would just stand on their own two feet, acknowledge us once a year in November, and be the best program they can be. I know folks would like to compare this to Alabama's recognition of the championships won during the 20s and 30s, which we did in the mid 80s. Sometimes, I wish we hadn't gone that far, although I believe these teams ought to be recognized. They blazed the trail for Southern football during an era when we were thought of as the mid majors of today. They deserve the honors and in fact were recognized as champions by the media back then despite the lack of a formal poll system like the AP.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
*reads the thread title*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA *finally breathes* HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*finally get to where he can read the thread, then reads this: *

Sen. Whatley was rushing to have the bill passed before most of the pro-Tide senators returned from lunch, but one who did fell down the stairs and Malzahn was going through his typical hysterical antics, claiming that the senator wasn't really hurt an screaming at the paramedics to hurry up and get him out of the building so the vote could proceed.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *nearly passes out*

I can't stop giggling.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.