News Article: Alabama senate proposes bill to have Auburn claim 9 titles

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
First, leave the state budget and politics out of this thread otherwise it heads over to Non-Sports.

Second, Whatley is from Auburn. Should we be surprised?

Third, he didn't propose a bill. It was a resolution, which pretty much has no effect.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I reiterate what I said last year: if Auburn actually WON and is going to CLAIM a 1983 national championship, why in the world have they been complaining for three decades plus about how they were "robbed?" If you actually DID win a national title, how could you have been the victims of an injustice?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
All of college football will laugh at the SEC if something like this is taken seriously.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Maybe at the same time the Senate could propose that all athletes at *u claim to be not only All-American, but add Academic All-American at the same time.
SMH!

Roll Tide!

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Sen. Whatley was rushing to have the bill passed before most of the pro-Tide senators returned from lunch, but one who did fell down the stairs and Malzahn was going through his typical hysterical antics, claiming that the senator wasn't really hurt an screaming at the paramedics to hurry up and get him out of the building so the vote could proceed.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
Sen. Whatley was rushing to have the bill passed before most of the pro-Tide senators returned from lunch, but one who did fell down the stairs and Malzahn was going through his typical hysterical antics, claiming that the senator wasn't really hurt an screaming at the paramedics to hurry up and get him out of the building so the vote could proceed.
Good one!

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Masterfully done, sir!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
My goodness! So they go from 2 to 9 and they try to get the state gov't to put a stamp of approval on it??? Talk about the pinnacle of insecurity!

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
If this indeed happens and I am Tommy Tubberville, I would get my old contract out and see how much in bonuses I will be owed by the barn.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
My question - if you are going to do something this absurd, why stop at 9? If you are going to do it, go BIG!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.