NFL preseason depth charts: Where do Alabama's players stand?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The Patriots traded for Michael Williams today. Saw one reporter say they tried to sign him off the Lions' practice squad last year. For those that don't know, MW has made the transition to OT since being in the NFL.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Speaking of TR, do we know his fate with the Raiders yet? I fully expect him to get his walking papers. Like you said, very sad.
He was cut, hence my post. I assumed we were already talking about it or I would have prefaced it. I just don't understand what his problem is.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Richardson will get one more chance. Don't know where. But someone will try him out.
I agree. He'll get another shot, but he has to make a splash at this point. Also, he cannot afford to do anything stupid like fail a drug test, get in trouble with the law, etc.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Then New England used him at TE in the last pre-season game.

Michael Williams article from nesn.com
Goes along with this 247 article about him. Link

He would not play in a regular-season game for Detroit last season, yet he would play 56 snaps as a right tackle and 34 snaps as a left tackle through the club’s first two preseason games of 2015, according to Pro Football Focus.

Now, he looks to be a third tackle on the field for New England.

The Patriots have memorably called upon offensive linemen as jumbo tight ends before. And this preseason, it was Jordan Devey and Cameron Fleming who were asked to report as eligible to fill out the running game through two games.

But Williams, now wearing No. 85 after first donning a No. 74 in practice this past week, doesn’t have to report now that he’s in a receiver’s digits. That was clear as the Patriots’ offense started with a two-tight end set featuring Williams and Hoomanawanui versus Carolina.
Get the feeling Belichick is going to have some fun with MW.

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
I agree. He'll get another shot, but he has to make a splash at this point. Also, he cannot afford to do anything stupid like fail a drug test, get in trouble with the law, etc.
I think Trent will get one more shot if he gets himself in really good shape and shows he is totally focused on the game.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He is in shape. His weight issue had nothing to do with it, I believe. I'm not sure what to make of his getting cut. I think he gets one more chance.. *look to patriot* who knows?
I think Trent will get one more shot if he gets himself in really good shape and shows he is totally focused on the game.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
the Falcons keep having injuries at RB so maybe Trent will get a call? of course he would still have bad Oline issues here. Matt Ryan is always running for his life.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.