Link: Numerous Injuries Cause Tennessee to Cancel First Practice of Two-a-Days on Thursday

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

The Vols were scheduled to hold two practices on Thursday but news came early this morning that at least the morning session would be cancelled.

After a physical start to fall camp the team has experienced a rash of injuries including concussions and various muscle injuries.
RotoWorld says this about Marquez North being out:

Tennessee junior WR Marquez North is feared to be out for the entire 2015 season after going down with a non-contact injury during Wednesday's practice, according to local radio host Brad Matthews.
Matthews notes an MRI is scheduled for Thursday. The extent of the injury is currently unknown, however, the cited source seems very certain it is severe. North really flashed in two seasons and was expected to be a pivotal piece in Tennessee's skilled offense.
For all the hype surrounding UT this year, this isn't the best way to begin the season.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
ruh-roh.

as much as i despise tennessee, i hate hearing about player injuries.

that being said, i still say they beat jawjuh this season

asteele327

Jun 18, 2015
Yeah, I know it's cold-hearted, but I just can't feel sympathy for Tennessee. Too many memories of Fat Phil and Roy Adams.
Living in Nashville I completely agree. Thanks to social media they have become the most obnoxious fanbase in the conference (at least from this perspective). I do wish they would become successful so the rivalry can become competitive again, but dangit if it's not beautiful seeing them end with less points than their opponents.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Hate to see any player get injured.....especially a senior.

I also understand the rivalry dislike but an injured player is a different situation all together, IMHO.

I'm still not sure Coach Jones is the one to get them back into contention. Thought this year would tell us more but maybe not.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I hate to see any player no matter how much I may hate that school he plays for, to be hurt, I truly hope they all make a speedy recovery, but, is it bad that I still take pleasure in seeing the University itself to be in such turmoil & I wish nothing but pure misery for their fan-base after what those SOB's tried to do to Bama Football & damn near accomplished helping to get us shut the hell down with a "Death Penalty" based on lies by their boosters & former coaches..I wish the players nothing but a speedy recovery & hope their school stays in the gutter of the SEC & the NCAA level of football..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Your dark horse SEC champion from the media doesn't have enough depth for two-a-days.

The long grind shouldn't be a problem for them! (Granted, I do think they're dangerous but they're on razor-thin margins)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Arkansas was always the most likely to make the move this season. Less overall talent, maybe, but good depth in the areas where they lean (OL, tailback).

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I have never heard of practice being canceled because of injuries. it may not make a difference in the long run but certainly not a good start to season.
I was saying the same thing to the Tennessee faithful up here yesterday. One of them said it was no big deal, but I don't think he really knows anything about football. When you have 85 scholarship players, you would think you would have enough to have a practice.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I was saying the same thing to the Tennessee faithful up here yesterday. One of them said it was no big deal, but I don't think he really knows anything about football. When you have 85 scholarship players, you would think you would have enough to have a practice.
My ex brother-in-law lives in Knoxville, and follows UTe really closely. He say a that the injuries have been overblown and that until injuries are officially announced by the university he isn't too worried.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I don't wish injuries on any player, nor revel in them.

I will say that the UT program and fan-base deserve non-optimal situations and results.
Yep. I'll expand the "non-optimal' to include Alabama Polytech.

Heck, with both of these two, I might amend the "no player injuries" to allow nagging muscle pulls, reeeeeally bad colds, and particularly vicious hangnails the week Alabama is scheduled :)

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.