Traveling from Minnesota to 1st Tide game.

bluegarage

Dec 9, 2013
Winona Minnesota
I'm a lifelong Tide fan from Mobile. Been living in Minnesota for 33 years. My son and I will be traveling to T town for the Arkansas game on 10/10. We have no experience buying tickets for events like this.

We've been looking for tickets online at StubHub, ebay, and the like, very expensive. We are getting axnoius to get tickets but are feeling a bit lost. ROLLTIDE.COM is not selling tickets to this game now, does anyone know when they start selling tickets to this game and if it is reasonable to expect to be able to get two of them when they do?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Silverback

1st Team
Oct 5, 2010
Oak Grove
Your only choice for buying tickets will be the secondary market. You could wait and buy them at the game. I know people have good decent luck buying outside the stadium on game day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
If the visiting teams returns tickets, it usually happens in late August, early September. It is pretty unlikely there will be any returned from Arkansas. Stub Hub will be your only fairly sure option. You can play the market or buy them here on game day, but it is a crapshoot. If you choose to wait until you get here, be careful who you buy from.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I'm a lifelong Tide fan from Mobile. Been living in Minnesota for 33 years. My son and I will be traveling to T town for the Arkansas game on 10/10. We have no experience buying tickets for events like this.

We've been looking for tickets online at StubHub, ebay, and the like, very expensive. We are getting axnoius to get tickets but are feeling a bit lost. ROLLTIDE.COM is not selling tickets to this game now, does anyone know when they start selling tickets to this game and if it is reasonable to expect to be able to get two of them when they do?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
As a lifelong fan from Birmingham, living in Minnesota for 34 years I am very envious. I've looked at traveling to a game, and the tickets are always readily available online, albeit expensive. My biggest problem is finding a hotel. All the area hotels seem to be completely booked a year ahead of time. Is the only option to stay in Birmingham and drive down the morning of the game? That has always been the closest hotel I could find. I could book a package including hotel, but only if I was willing to sit in the visitor's section. I would rather watch on TV than sit with the visitors.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Here are my suggestions based on experience. Tickets - Go with Stubhub and eliminate the worries. Be patient and check regularly until it suits you and then don't look back and say I wish I had waited, etc. Motel - Almost a given you will not get a room in Tuscaloosa for the Arky game. Stay in Bessemer at the Best Western.
Now the bad news, you will need a parking pass...anywhere it really doesn't matter and expect a 2 hour ride to get back to the Interstate (2-miles) and then back to the motel.
Another thought...Try the Best Western on McFarland and Days Inn on Skyland Blvd...Just maybe you get lucky...But you will pay out the yazoo on game weekends...but these are less expensive...and if you do get lucky they have shuttle vans to and from the stadium that don't take very long.

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Last year my wife and I attended the Miss. State game, which was our first game in Tuscaloosa in over 3 decades. We stayed in a hotel in Pelham... Hampton Inn or Fairfield Inn, I forget which. Price was reasonable; just a bit over $100 and the hotel was fine. Same chain of hotels in Bessemer cost over $200. The morning of the game we drove to Tuscaloosa and parked in school-managed parking in a large open field area close to the softball stadium. I forget the price for parking - perhaps $12 or so - but again I thought it was reasonable. The school runs very frequent shuttle buses from the lots to the quad, both before and after the game. My experience was the school does an excellent job of getting people into and out of the quad area. Yes, lots of people... but all managed very well. We had moderate traffic returning to Pelham that night but nothing overly troublesome. ('Course, my perspective on traffic may be biased by the fact I commuted in the Washington DC area for over 25 years.)

bluegarage

Dec 9, 2013
Winona Minnesota
Love the advice and the stories. I've got a room at Motel 6 on the 9th, after the game driving to Auburn to stay with a friend. Sounds like I need to bite the bullet and buy from StubHub!

asteele327

Jun 18, 2015
I made it to my first game last year for Florida. Have no idea how I got this lucky, but I was able to get a room at the Microtel on Veterans Memorial for $63/night. The people at the hotel don't even know how I got that. Tried it again this year and I was only able to get as close as Cottondale for twice the cost. IMO the cost doesn't matter one bit because the atmosphere and experience is top notch. I haven't made it to many stadiums so far, but BDS is far and above the best one I've been to. Seeing the Tide win just makes it that much sweeter.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
Lots of good advice on here and difficult to add to it. As far as StubHub, I've bitten the bullet and bought multiple tickets the past few years. If you want to control where you sit, it's the best option. The Arkansas game game, too, could be a 2:30 game, which means the west side of the stadium is preferable (and more expensive). One thing I can assure you is that the people on this board will give you multiple offers for tailgating and pre-game fun.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
I quit buying ticket before the game. Every game I have attended, regardless of who we played, had tickets for sell at significantly lower prices than any online site.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.