Hold on one second: Auburn trolls Alabama with 404 page

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Yeah, that's pretty good. As painful as that game was to lose because of the multiple chances we had to put it away and how we had an opportunity to win three straight titles, I imagine it was a sweet feeling for the tiggers and their fans.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I nibble and delight in the irony of Auburn living in the past, which is their first and most often bellowed insult to us Bammers.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Yeah that may have been funny LAST year. 55-44 anyone?
That one may help some feel better because we seemed to beat them at their own game, but it doesn't help me because it was an embarrassing display of defense between two programs that made a name for themselves by playing tough D. Of course, the name we have built is much more impressive than theirs. Here's to another championship run and a victory over the tiggers in 2015.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
That one may help some feel better because we seemed to beat them at their own game, but it doesn't help me because it was an embarrassing display of defense between two programs that made a name for themselves by playing tough D. Of course, the name we have built is much more impressive than theirs. Here's to another championship run and a victory over the tiggers in 2015.
The last 2 games have been dogs IMO. If I want basketball scores, I'll watch basketball. With the rules of today and poor enforcement, we are in for more of this I suspect.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
The last 2 games have been dogs IMO. If I want basketball scores, I'll watch basketball. With the rules of today and poor enforcement, we are in for more of this I suspect.
I'm afraid you are right, and I am certain that I can find other things to do. My golf game certainly needs work, and the grass and bushes and flowers keep growing.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
This is funny. I am 74, and I have never had any animosity toward Auburn. (Tennessee...well maybe, especially since the Fullmer/Kramer days.) I am happy that the state of Alabama has two (or more) successful football programs. That said, I take great delight in kicking their butt...all the time. LOL and Roll Tide

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It's funny to me that before AU won the NC in 2010 they were really bad about chiding the Bama Nation with "living in the past."

Then, they won a NC....the first in most of their lives....and now they realize how precious those moments are. I hardly ever hear a Barner say we live in the past much anymore.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I just love this aspect of college football. Love the little digs - not the hatred many seem to have / enjoy.
I agree. I love the pageantry and fans and alums and bands and bonfires on the quad, and, yes, I even like things like the tiggers rolling trees. Unfortunately, I also like good defenses, but the offenses have been given too many advantages these days for my liking. I am hoping that the officials really do start to enforce some of the rules like illegal movement and o-linemen downfield so it really is an even playing field. Don't get me wrong, I like watching good offenses, too, but these 65-60 scores aren't because offenses are great. Those scores exist because some teams have decided that defense doesn't matter because they know the defenses have to play with one hand tied behind their backs, so to speak.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.