Hold on one second: Auburn trolls Alabama with 404 page

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I've never understood the "hate".
You and Audio don't live here, so you really don't understand. Try being a kid and growing up in the shadow of Jerrrrrd'n Hare. When you have Auburn "educated" teachers ridiculing you in class for wearing a Bama shirt in classrooms made up mostly of AU fans and having adults taunt you when AU won games (I was 9 years old when AU's 4 year run from '86 - '89 started), it's easy to have animosity towards AU fans.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
You and Audio don't live here, so you really don't understand. Try being a kid and growing up in the shadow of Jerrrrrd'n Hare. When you have Auburn "educated" teachers ridiculing you in class for wearing a Bama shirt in classrooms made up mostly of AU fans and having adults taunt you when AU won games (I was 9 years old when AU's 4 year run from '86 - '89 started), it's easy to have animosity towards AU fans.
Well, I don't live in Auburn but I grew up in Selma and Ashford for most of my schooling. Sorry for your experience.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Well, I don't live in Auburn but I grew up in Selma and Ashford for most of my schooling. Sorry for your experience.
It wasn't all of them of course, but there was some really nasty things that adults had no issue doing to kids. I don't mean playful banter, either. I have never been a thin skinned person, even as a kid, but these people acted as though they were instructed to humiliate you into converting to AU fans. They would make jokes about your parents and say things like "I bet they didn't go to college!" and go to the point of treating you differently.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
^^^This ^^^

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
They were still printing & selling Punt Bama Punt bumper stickers after we beat them 35-7 the very next year. API logic? They eat boogers!
Actually, we beat them 35-0 the following year. I was a student, and the entire student section began chanting "score auburn score", towards the end of the game.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Was that the year the bumper sticker said "35-0 Even VPI Scored 6" ?
Along with the Punt, Bama, Punt bumper stickers, they also put out a "17-16 Santa Claus Came Early" bumper sticker as well.

I remember the next year we followed up with "Guess Santa Didn't Make This Year: Roll Tide 35-0"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.