My take on where the QB job is at...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
There was a talk that Cornwell approached the coaches about BB getting more reps than Cornwell and others. Coaches didnt like that... So he got limited rep last week. Then this week... he threw a ball over CLK and CLK had that dumbfound look on his face... and on top of that, Cornwell has been horrible in practice the last few weeks... Cornwell needs to work on his maturity little more. I think we'll see Morris and Coker in the first game.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I may be reading too much in to it, but when a Coach is pontificating on the QB battle and mentions EVERY QB on the roster but you (when before you were one of the first things mentioned), it's not a good sign...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Where did the talk of Cornwell being in the dog house originate? Just because CNS didn't mention him in his presser yesterday?
I didn't link it because it's a premium site, but there was walk of him being in the "dog house." Nothing significant but just that he may get fewer reps in the short term. There was also talk about it amongst media members on Twitter but I didn't post that either because a lot of people here don't like information that comes from Twitter..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Well, if the story is true and Cornwell is in the dog house...I'm sure Saban has the finest dog house available to put his players in. :) We do everything first class in T-town.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The 3 veteran players are currently at the top of "depth" chart and the 2 young'uns are at the bottom. Very, very typical of a Saban team and what I expected. Next year's battle will be very good when the young'uns are a year older.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Same place that JC had Plantar Faciitis.
First I heard of JC having joggers heel. I think it's caused from over use of the muscles in the feet and could take a long time to recover 100%. Looking more and more like Morris will be the man unless JC is just a slight injury. Sorry to hear about Cornwell and his attitude, bad time of the year to be displaying his temper and especially to CLK.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
There was a talk that Cornwell approached the coaches about BB getting more reps than Cornwell and others. Coaches didnt like that... So he got limited rep last week. Then this week... he threw a ball over CLK and CLK had that dumbfound look on his face... and on top of that, Cornwell has been horrible in practice the last few weeks... Cornwell needs to work on his maturity little more. I think we'll see Morris and Coker in the first game.
Thanks, 81. You always come through with great info and it is much appreciated. Some think they are "in the know", while others prove it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Share to provide where you got that information? I know about the bad pass to CLK because the media saw it happen.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Share to provide where you got that information? I know about the bad pass to CLK because the media saw it happen.
Don't undersell the intel angle from the author of "The Spy Who Came in From the Cold" - John Le Carre. Real name: ... David Cornwell.

Charleston

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 4, 2015
So you agree 100% with everything CNS does?
Of course not I was just being a smart .... I do think that a big point selling point is Bama will get you to the NFL and it would make sense that the structure is similar. Plus CNS has NFL experience and solicits input from his NFL contacts probably more than most college coaches.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I have to tell you, I must be totally out of the loop! People are knowing stuff that I simply haven't seen.
Does Coker indeed have a plantar fascitis problem? Or foot drop?
If he does, let me tell you, that's it. I'm fighting through it as I write and it is incredibly painful.
I'm an older guy, but I was running 20 fifty yard sprints a day at the baseball field. One day, I strained my achilles and pinched my peroneal nerve.(By my knee). (Just a bad step I guess)
The orthapedic surgeon wanted to do surgery, but I opted for tough physical therapy.
It's getting better and better, over time,but the injuries resulted in "foot drop", or "heel drop", and it's taken me a good long year of painful exercise to get it corrected.
I'm finally back to 14 sprints a day, but I can tell you....if Jacob (truly) just recently incurred this problem, then there's no way he can be our QB on opening day.
Your calf, ankle, and foot arch hurts so bad you can barely function, much less play football.
I hope this isn't the case.
sip

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I have to tell you, I must be totally out of the loop! People are knowing stuff that I simply haven't seen.
Does Coker indeed have a plantar fascitis problem? Or foot drop?
If he does, let me tell you, that's it. I'm fighting through it as I write and it is incredibly painful.
I'm an older guy, but I was running 20 fifty yard sprints a day at the baseball field. One day, I strained my achilles and pinched my peroneal nerve.(By my knee). (Just a bad step I guess)
The orthapedic surgeon wanted to do surgery, but I opted for tough physical therapy.
It's getting better and better, over time,but the injuries resulted in "foot drop", or "heel drop", and it's taken me a good long year of painful exercise to get it corrected.
I'm finally back to 14 sprints a day, but I can tell you....if Jacob (truly) just recently incurred this problem, then there's no way he can be our QB on opening day.
Your calf, ankle, and foot arch hurts so bad you can barely function, much less play football.
I hope this isn't the case.
sip
He broke his toe according to BOL. The plantar fasciitis talk came from some speculation.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
It's manageable though. I broke my toe the night before a game once, and went out the next night. It hurt like heck, but when you're trying to win you put that aside.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I'm anxious to see how this turns out, but I feel confident that we'll be o.k, regardless. We've got some "pretty good" coaches to steer us through this storm!

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I didn't link it because it's a premium site, but there was walk of him being in the "dog house." Nothing significant but just that he may get fewer reps in the short term. There was also talk about it amongst media members on Twitter but I didn't post that either because a lot of people here don't like information that comes from Twitter..

Wait - so you heard it from twitter and a message board?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Wait - so you heard it from twitter and a message board?
Wait - I've never claimed to be an insider or have any inside information. Why is it so appalling to gather information via Twitter or the Internet? Where else does one get information unless you are connected to the program? A lot of folks who are insiders who aren't really supposed to talk about certain things will disseminate information via Twitter, message boards, etc. BTW, what I posted was quickly verified by another poster who seemed to have more information about the specifics..

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Wait - I've never claimed to be an insider or have any inside information. Why is it so appalling to gather information via Twitter or the Internet? Where else does one get information unless you are connected to the program? A lot of folks who are insiders who aren't really supposed to talk about certain things will disseminate information via Twitter, message boards, etc. BTW, what I posted was quickly verified by another poster who seemed to have more information about the specifics..

I have no problem with any of that. I would have just said "I saw on another site" or "I've read a few people saying" instead of
Heard Cornwell is in the doghouse.
"Heard" implies someone told you something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.