Gus Malzahn says Auburn 'should have put 60' on Alabama in 2014

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Didn't take Gus long to buy in to the barner way of thinking. He's a perfect fit for that bunch.

Last edited:

bamaman2988

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 7, 2009
Eufaula, Al
Think Gus has it backwards; we definitely should have put 60 or more on them. Another 8-5 season and the plains will become restless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
In another article (I can't remember the link..) Gus confessed after the rare barn loss, (only 5 last season!) to a motivational ritual consisting of parading about his home in a pair of his favorite 6 inch high heels and wearing a silk dressing gown as Kristi criticizes his taste in fashion and play calling.

This continues until the safety word "Like, shut up!" is uttered by Gus.

I found this interesting but the results would have to be considered cloudy at best.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I hope every time A'Shawn Robinson, Jarran Reed, and Reggie Ragland talks to a coach, the conversation ends with "By the way, Gus said he should have put 60 on you last year".

Like:

"Reggie, you have contain responsibility on that play. By the way, Gus said....."

"A'Shawn, remember you gap assignment. By the way, Gus said...."

" Jarran, nice work there. By the way, Gus said....'

Even when they finish saying Grace before having Thanksgiving Dinner, I hope it ends with "Amen. By the way, Gus said...."

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I hope every time A'Shawn Robinson, Jarran Reed, and Reggie Ragland talks to a coach, the conversation ends with "By the way, Gus said he should have put 60 on you last year".

Like:

"Reggie, you have contain responsibility on that play. By the way, Gus said....."

Even when they finish saying Grace before having Thanksgiving Dinner, I hope it ends with "Amen. By the way, Gus said...."

Well played, sir...

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
From what I've seen of Aubren offense and Alabama defense, Aubren will be fortunate to get past the 50. That should be the defense goal and very achievable imo.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I sincerely hope Finebum has Cowherd back on this week to discuss how Cowherd predicted Malzahn will own Saban...

The crazy thing is that he was drawing a paycheck for this type commentary. I do think he lost his radio program for this season, but I'm not sure about that.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2013/espns-colin-cowherd-auburn-alabama/

In fact, Cowherd says Gus Malzahn is the perfect storm of sorts for Nick Saban and his defensive schemes, and it forces Saban to adjust his defense on the fly. Cowherd went on the Paul Finebaum show and talked about the rivalry and the two great head coaches, and he even said Auburn is going to beat Alabama next year in a way-too-early prediction.
Cowherd also said that Malzahn will be to Saban what Saban was to Urban Meyer at Florida. He also made the comparison of what Oregon’s Chip Kelly was to Pete Carroll at USC.

Last edited:

Like:

Yes!!! This!!

That's the way to drive home a point.

I think we could have hung 70 last season. Also, it took a shorter than average corner to shut down their no. 1 receiver (Coates). I guess Gus didn't want to point that out.
60? No, they got what they got.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
The only 60 AU will get is in kick off return yards because Alabama will score so much on them this having to kick off a lot.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
Wow! This guy has seriously lost his mind well that's ok Gus keep spewing that stuff you'll only make our team angry.:eek: and make our guys want to beat your team even worse if you can imagine that !!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.