Link: Wisconsin Suffering Injuries to the O-Line

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Joe Rudolph continues to encounter obstacles as he attempts to identify Wisconsin's No. 1 offensive line and any reserves capable of filling in at a variety of positions.

The culprit: more injuries.

When the Badgers hit the practice field Monday they were without three more linemen, two of whom are expected to be on the two-deep depth chart this season.

Redshirt freshman Beau Benzschawel, who was battling Hayden Biegel for the starting job at right tackle, is out indefinitely with a right-knee injury.

Biegel, a redshirt sophomore who played in six games last season, remains out indefinitely with a head injury.

Freshman Jon Dietzen, expected to be in the mix at one or both guard spots, did not practice Monday because of a right-ankle injury.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
All Freshmen but it still ain't good, Arky lost their starting RB for the season also. I like for teams we play to be at full strength but also they are all someones children that have parents worrying about them.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I just wanna remind everybody it was a third-string QB that won the national title just a few months back - and beat us in the process. Not that I'm a hard jerk but I'm not buying this "well, our O line isn't that good" stuff - not BEFORE the game anyway.

By the same token - nobody wants anybody to get hurt, ever.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I just wanna remind everybody it was a third-string QB that won the national title just a few months back - and beat us in the process. Not that I'm a hard jerk but I'm not buying this "well, our O line isn't that good" stuff - not BEFORE the game anyway.

By the same token - nobody wants anybody to get hurt, ever.
I'm not buying it either. On any given day, STUFF just happens! We are not
playing Suffering Mississippi. We are playing Wisconsin! Bama players just need to go
out and dominate on EACH play! Is that propaganda being spread to make Bama players
think they won't have a tough game. Coach will sit the players straight on this issue.

I think Wisconsin will be a TOUGH team. They always seem to be. I just don't
know what happened when they played tOSU last year. Then they beat the Barn.
They will be playing six feet off the ground, 'cause they are tired of hearing about
the DOMINANCE of the SEC!

I just don't want to hear "On Wisconsin" after the beginning of the game. I want to
hear a lot of "Yea Alabama" before, during and after the game!

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
My wife is from Wisconsin so I have watched them for many years. I have heard this before and not buying it, they will be ready to play and you can bet that they won't deviate too much from a run first team. It seems the Badgers always have a stout line and play defense pretty well also. Going to be an interesting game at my house, just wondering if we are both going to be in the same room or not. :biggrin2:

Yes - she is a Packers fan too but she does love her some Bama football. Her Dad was a big Bama fan, he loved Bear Bryant and hated ND with a passion.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Redshirt freshman Beau Benzschawel, who was battling Hayden Biegel for the starting job at right tackle, is out indefinitely with a right-knee injury.

Biegel, a redshirt sophomore who played in six games last season, remains out indefinitely with a head injury.

Freshman Jon Dietzen, expected to be in the mix at one or both guard spots, did not practice Monday because of a right-ankle injury.
Holy smokes, German descendants, much?
Sorry to hear guys are getting hurt. Here's to their rapid recovery.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I don't like their chances against our D-Line, with or without freshmen and injuries. Still, praying for a recovery with no lingering damage.
Depends on the referees. Power running lines with lenient officials tend to do well against SEC defensive lines as the turn blocks and holds aren't as scrutinized.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
When has Wisconsin ever had a bad or even average O-line? That's always been a strength for them, especially in the running game.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Holy smokes, German descendants, much?
Sorry to hear guys are getting hurt. Here's to their rapid recovery.
When I became conscious of names being German, looking back at my HS annual, I was struck by the number, which I hadn't noticed - Dietz, Knobloch (spelling changed) Asherbrenner, Schaeffer, and it goes on and on...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Wisconsin having lot of bad luck with their depth chart... They'll still put up a fight for a half... but If it's going to be young people playing then I feel bad for them.. our D-line is nastiest we've seen in a while and those guys got chips on shoulder... I dont expect it to be a blow out, but I expect this over by 2nd quarter... maybe third...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
When I became conscious of names being German, looking back at my HS annual, I was struck by the number, which I hadn't noticed - Dietz, Knobloch (spelling changed) Asherbrenner, Schaeffer, and it goes on and on...
My father, who is not a big sports fan, used to look at the names of Notre Dame's starting offensive line (names like Wodjokhowicz, and Poniatowsky), and declare them to be "fine Irish names."

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
This game will probably mirror the WVU game from last year, except Wisconsin will be running it instead of passing. The game will never be in doubt, but we might not dominate. I still think we win this game by at least 2 TDs.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
This game will probably mirror the WVU game from last year, except Wisconsin will be running it instead of passing. The game will never be in doubt, but we might not dominate. I still think we win this game by at least 2 TDs.
I think Whiskey is just spreading hard luck tales so we may be overlooking them some what. Notice that all the injured players are freshmen or red shirt freshmen. I bet they aren't fooling CNS. I say this game will be over by the end of the 4th qtr.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think Whiskey is just spreading hard luck tales so we may be overlooking them some what. Notice that all the injured players are freshmen or red shirt freshmen. I bet they aren't fooling CNS. I say this game will be over by the end of the 4th qtr.

Okay, so we know you don't think it will go into overtime......

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.