kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Last edited:

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I'm not really that upset with this. It's one person's opinion. If you look at it completely from an outside point of view, we are returning a very small percentage of our offense, starting a new QB, are putting together a new o-line, and had bad secondary play last year.

I could see someone ranking us anywhere in the top ten, and being able to give a reason.

Now I think most of us are in tune enough to know we're in better shape than a lot think, so it seems skewed against us. I don't see it that way though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have no idea who this guy is, so really don't care about his opinion. Frankly, a whole lot of posters on this board have a lot more credibility with me than some random ESPN analyst.

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama
Yeah- the guy has zero to lose with this Top 25...nobody is held accountable for these stupid things anyway. Here's mine:
1. Alabama
2. UGA
3. Ole Miss
4. Arkansas
5. Ohio State

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I have no idea who this guy is, so really don't care about his opinion. Frankly, a whole lot of posters on this board have a lot more credibility with me than some random ESPN analyst.
Brett McMurphy is one of, if not the, top ESPN college football reporter.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Brett McMurphy is one of, if not the, top ESPN college football reporter.
Sorry, says who? I have never heard of him before. He does not appear on any of their college football programing. I had to do a google search to even see what he looks like. He is older, but he is absolutely not anywhere near their top college football "reporter".

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I love the stupidity of the media. I think this may be the best Bama team since 66.
We'll see. I'm too busy to debate it. Just my opinion, and let's see what happens.
sip

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
What does the AP poll or the coaches poll matter with the playoff committee? Other than for conjecture..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I'd rank us at 4th preseason--behind the barn. That says I think we'll be pretty darn good, but I'm not sold on us being the best either. I think both the Wisconsin and Ole Miss games could be very tough.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Why do some of y'all get so upset about polls. Personally, I like the polls because I like to see different opinions of who the better teams will be for the upcoming season. Do they mean anything? They do to me. They mean it is getting close to time for the teams to hit the fields and find out who is best. If you don't like polls, though, the solution is simple- don't read them. Besides, is it really an insult to put a team with only nine returning starters in the top ten? It doesn't insult me because I also think we have several question marks. I think we have talented kids who are ready to step-up and answer those questions, but until they do, being ranked number eight doesn't feel like an insult to me. Roll Tide!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.