Link: Sexual Assault Trial of Baylor Football Player Raising Some Questions

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Just look at this response:

What a doofus. He's even bad at lying to cover up his lies lol. When will they learn that the cover up almost always end up being worse than the crime? Briles should have just said we took a chance on a kid who we think deserved a second chance. It didn't work out. We made a mistake. If Briles said that this would be out of the news tomorrow. Now, he's gonna get blasted by every sports media outlet and on all forums of social media. Bad choice Art, bad choice..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Yeah, this situation is bad. I can't, without knowing the specifics, say a player never deserves a second chance. But, as soon as he ran into any trouble at Baylor (and this is serious), why on earth wasn't he kicked off the team? Instead we get lies and coverups, this is not how you handle this, this is trying to help a guy get away with it basically...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Link

Chris Peterson gave this statement to ESPN:

There is a thing called "due diligence." Just because the losing football coach does not flag up the criminal charges to the gaining football coach does not meaning the gaining fellow does not need to google the player's name, for Pete's sake.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Art Briles could get fired over this. He said he knew all about the player when he transferred to Baylor. Yet he didn't tell/warn anyone.....

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Art Briles comes across to me as a scumbag. Maybe I'm wrong about that but the way he acted when they got left out of the playoffs last year and the way he is handling this situation pretty much confirms it, IMO..

He comes across to me as an immature person. See his reaction to NOT being included in the NCAA Playoffs last year vs the TCU coach. The TCU coach handled it in a MATURE manner.

I have less respect for Briles than I used to as a result of last year's playoff as well as his handling of this situation.

Is he a Baptist at that Baptist school? Or is he a coach that will do anything to win? I'd rather lose while showing CLASS than win without CLASS!

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

This sentencing is a joke.

Go back and read that victim's testimony. Ukwuachu is an animal with no place in society. He should be looking at serious prison time. Instead, 6 months of jail time, extended probation and community service.

And what happened to the victim?

Baylor began reducing her athletic scholarship support until she finally transferred.

And the whole time, Art Briles playing the "Uh..What?....I didn't know" card.

Sick.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
And what happened to the victim?

Baylor began reducing her athletic scholarship support until she finally transferred.
Baylor should give her a full scholarship to any school she wishes to attend. She may have a strong case for more than that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.