cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
with equal access you end up with things like this being handed out to elementary school kids

best thing is to eliminate all access. Which is what Orange County Schools in FL did after the Satantists demanded equal access
Eliminating all access would eliminate all student groups, not just religious ones. I assume that was your intent.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Eliminating all access would eliminate all student groups, not just religious ones. I assume that was your intent.
How do you figure that? The establishment clause refers to government endorsements of religion.

I'm pretty sure multiple religions and anti-religions have access to the Auburn student body already.
Not to the degree Chette has to the football team.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
not my intent, I had nothing to do with this one other than as an FFRF supporter

groups are fine, even religious ones as long as everyone can have one. (ie if a christian group can form so can a satanist one)

but this case wasn't about that. The school was allowing a christian group to hand out bibles and christian kids activity books. The FFRF asked the school to stop and the school tried to outsmart the FFRF saying, "we allow equal access to all religions" so the Satanic Temple took them up on their offer. Of course the school then shut down allowing any religious materials to be handed out in school, which was both the right decision and exactly what the Satanic Temple wanted.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
How do you figure that? The establishment clause refers to government endorsements of religion.
Based on the link I provided about equal access. Any access essentially means all access regardless of religiosity. If you allow a College Democrats or College Republicans student group, you have to allow religious groups access too (and vice versa).

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Based on the link I provided about equal access. Any access essentially means all access regardless of religiosity. If you allow a College Democrats or College Republicans student group, you have to allow religious groups access too (and vice versa).
Not really relevant, because we're not talking about access in general, but exclusive access of the sort that Chette's brand of religion enjoys. I thought that was already clear?

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Yeah 1986, you obstreperous oenophile. :wink: I was just about to send you a bottle of MD 20-20. But when you became so argumentative I drank it myself!:eek2:

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
with equal access you end up with things like this being handed out to elementary school kids

best thing is to eliminate all access. Which is what Orange County Schools in FL did after the Satantists demanded equal access
Other than being a little too cis-normative and possibly endorsing body image discrimination by putting the big kid in the back ground and where are the latinas and Africans in the picture; I say go for it. Either they have something to say, or they are doing this to be petty in which case they will forget about it in a few days like the Klan's Adopt-a-Highway program.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.