Link: Trump, love him or hate him, he draws a crowd...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The problem with voting for Trump is that no one has any idea what their going to get if he gets elected. He has espoused some left of enter ideas in the past and now, when it suits him, he sounds vaguely conservative. Once elected (God forbid) nobody has a clue what he'll do.
Well melania might be the most attractive First Lady I guess that counts for something? *** blue font on it being an extreme upside ***

tidegrandpa

All-American
The problem with voting for Trump is that no one has any idea what their going to get if he gets elected. He has espoused some left of enter ideas in the past and now, when it suits him, he sounds vaguely conservative. Once elected (God forbid) nobody has a clue what he'll do.
With all due respect TW, me thinks he would be more to my liking than that box of chocolates we have up there now.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Roughly like MN voting in a wrestler and a comedian...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
In the spirit of one of our feisty game threads....it's early yet.....let's see what happens.

We might have Dr. Carson as GOP nominee......he is in 2nd place.

Better?

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
In the spirit of one of our feisty game threads....it's early yet.....let's see what happens.

We might have Dr. Carson as GOP nominee......he is in 2nd place.

Better?
So feisty is the word we are using now?:)

At least with Carson, I would have more trust in what to expect. He would need to have an elite staff to help him with areas that he may be lacking in knowledge.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

At least with Carson, I would have more trust in what to expect. He would need to have an elite staff to help him with areas that he may be lacking in knowledge.
Guess I could have used the word "spirited" and it would be a good fit. :)

On your point - I would think Trump would also surround himself with an elite staff. That's what successful people like him do in business.

Carson has his problems, but on the whole I like him over the others.
I like Carson as well. If Trump doesn't make it I would be fine with Carson, knowing what I know right now. He seems to have a very level head on his shoulders!

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Guess I could have used the word "spirited" and it would be a good fit. :)

On your point - I would think Trump would also surround himself with an elite staff. That's what successful people like him do in business.

I like Carson as well. If Trump doesn't make it I would be fine with Carson, knowing what I know right now. He seems to have a very level head on his shoulders!
Looking at the highlights, it seems fairly obvious that Carson won.
"America."

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
*thanks*, *like* and *this*

If elected I fully expect him to vacillate wildly.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
*thanks*, *like* and *this*

If elected I fully expect him to vacillate wildly.
There is another thing. Allegedly, during the Bush II Administration, one of his advisers told him what he wanted to to do would violate the Constitution, Bush allegedly responded (paraphrasing), "Stuff the Constitution!"
We all know how scrupulously the current President has adhered to the provisions. I would expect President Trump would be the worst of the lot. He does not strike me as someone who would accept any constitutional arguments against his intended policies.

That said, I loved the way he handled Jorge Ramos (a ridiculous shill masquerading as a journalist). They only way that could have been improved on would have been if he could have had Ramos shackled and gagged on the way out of the room.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Carson has as much and probably much more experience than any community organizer! A very intelligent and soft spoken guy like Carson can surround himself with key personnel that can help make him very effective. Now, if he were to win, maybe he could add the Governor of N. M. as his V-P nominee. Not only is he very intelligent, he just seems to have good Common Sense that many don't seem to have!

And I'm SICK of life-long and lying politicians! They used to say if you can't do, then you become a teacher! However, I think that description fits politicians much better than teachers!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Carson has as much and probably much more experience than any community organizer! A very intelligent and soft spoken guy like Carson can surround himself with key personnel that can help make him very effective. Now, if he were to win, maybe he could add the Governor of N. M. as his V-P nominee. Not only is he very intelligent, he just seems to have good Common Sense that many don't seem to have!

And I'm SICK of life-long and lying politicians! They used to say if you can't do, then you become a teacher! However, I think that description fits politicians much better than teachers!
Carson's issue is his speaking ability. While I agree he is one of the best candidates, he is very slow to answer questions during a times debate. I get the notion he might be trying to analyze the question, but delegates and electoral college voters don't like that

As for the vp... I think if trump wins the primary (still not seeing it but it seems plausible as the other morons shoot themselves in the foot) I think he would either choose Carson or Cruz, if either of the Florida candidates win then they will undoubtably choose the ohio governor, but Carson and walker winning it is hard to say who they would most likely choose.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Carson's issue is his speaking ability. While I agree he is one of the best candidates, he is very slow to answer questions during a times debate. I get the notion he might be trying to analyze the question, but delegates and electoral college voters don't like that

As for the vp... I think if trump wins the primary (still not seeing it but it seems plausible as the other morons shoot themselves in the foot) I think he would either choose Carson or Cruz, if either of the Florida candidates win then they will undoubtably choose the ohio governor, but Carson and walker winning it is hard to say who they would most likely choose.
If Carson were to win the nomination, he should pick a female Hispanic running mate. Maybe Martinez?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

I respectfully disagree that Carson's manner of speaking is a detriment to his appeal....in fact I believe it to be one of his best attributes because when he speaks he chooses his words very carefully and as a result his dialogue comes across with a huge degree of credibility.

As to choosing a VP.....I don't see any current candidates accepting a VP position and believe it will be someone else.

If I were to speculate.....I would think Trump would select a woman but she would not be selected just because of her gender but because she was very smart and savvy like he is.....and he felt they would be a formidable force.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I still hold to my long formed opinion that Trump is a buffoon. That is not to say he isn't intelligent, and has been successful. While I understand (and agree to a great extent) the reasons people are gravitating to him, I do not trust him any more than Hillary.

I have no clue who I will vote for in the primaries yet. I fully expect Trump to say something that loses him a great deal of support. I think the Jesse Ventura comparisons are appropriate, whether or not he can finish like Ventura was able to is still to be seen. I don't necessarily agree with everything in the article, but this one is a good example:

https://www.minnpost.com/minnesota-blog-cabin/2015/07/donald-trump-america-s-jesse-ventura-moment

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I respectfully disagree that Carson's manner of speaking is a detriment to his appeal....in fact I believe it to be one of his best attributes because when he speaks he chooses his words very carefully and as a result his dialogue comes across with a huge degree of credibility.

As to choosing a VP.....I don't see any current candidates accepting a VP position and believe it will be someone else.

If I were to speculate.....I would think Trump would select a woman but she would not be selected just because of her gender but because she was very smart and savvy like he is.....and he felt they would be a formidable force.
If Carson can just keep from smacking :) I am not sure in this media age he can come across the way he needs to. I agree he does measure his words, and that is IMO a good thing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.