Link: Trump, love him or hate him, he draws a crowd...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
i think his ham-handed ways are what is behind a lot of his popularity.
That and the rest of the GOP candidates,aside from Carson, are a bunch of bag of hammers. If the GOP doesn't weed it down to 4 or 5 candidates soon then there is a plausible notion that trump could get the nomination. I keep hearing he will implode like perry did last time, but if he hadn't imploded after the McCain, Kelly, and Mexican thing then I can't see any logic on banking on him imploding without leveling the field at this point.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
That and the rest of the GOP candidates,aside from Carson, are a bunch of bag of hammers. If the GOP doesn't weed it down to 4 or 5 candidates soon then there is a plausible notion that trump could get the nomination. I keep hearing he will implode like perry did last time, but if he hadn't imploded after the McCain, Kelly, and Mexican thing then I can't see any logic on banking on him imploding without leveling the field at this point.

Many of the candidates will drop out when it becomes obvious they won't draw enough voters for their campaigns to qualify for matching federal funds. Trump otoh has the $Billions to afford him the ability to outlast them all..
And I hear that his popularity has now reached 40%, which is perhaps higher than any other candidate from any party has reached in a century or more.

The voters are also P.O'd enough at those within the political establishment for their weak characters that anyone outside that establishment is a welcome breath of fresh air.
Personally, I think he can outlast any other candidate on the Rep side. And if by some chance Hillary manages to capture the nomination on the left, (which I highly doubt - she's just got way too many negatives and could actually be charged with at least one federal crime) he will destroy her in the final election.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Trump is saying all the things that the right wants someone to say. He's being politically incorrect, speaks his mind, and doesn't apologize for it. I hate to say but I think he got a little traction with some of these things and is now just really cashing in on continually doing it. I feel like he's pandering. I just don't think he's really sincere and has many strange bedfellows over the course of time to truly be what he's claiming to be.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
Trump is saying all the things that the right wants someone to say. He's being politically incorrect, speaks his mind, and doesn't apologize for it. I hate to say but I think he got a little traction with some of these things and is now just really cashing in on continually doing it. I feel like he's pandering. I just don't think he's really sincere and has many strange bedfellows over the course of time to truly be what he's claiming to be.

Rather like a politician?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
All I wanted was to come out with a halfway decent President. I consider that unlikely at this point...
Isn't it amazing how this board on the broad spectrum of left and right (and you don't fit a stereotype and mostly I don't, either, though I lean right).........isn't it amazing how pretty much everyone here AGREES with this sentiment?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Then you don't think Trump will win?
If I were a betting man, I'd say Earle:

a) doesn't think Trump will win

b) doesn't consider Trump even potentially a halfway decent President if he does win

Not sure but that's my hunch. I agree there.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
The political lean of most on this board and elsewhere is pretty apparent even if they don't admit them.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The political lean of most on this board and elsewhere is pretty apparent even if they don't admit them.
No, I think there's a lot of projection and guesswork that some of this board engage in. Maybe even a touch of paranoia, enemy among us feeling...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
No, I think there's a lot of projection and guesswork that some of this board engage in. Maybe even a touch of paranoia, enemy among us feeling...
People are fond of labeling and pigeonholing others. I had an ultra-conservative, a few weeks ago, accuse me of sounding like I was really a conservative on a particular topic. Well, duh. My response to him was, if you're going to accurately label something or someone, shouldn't you know what or who you are labeling?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
That (30,000) looks about right to me with the stands not being totally full, but people being on the field also.

I thought last night that the media had no clue as to how many were in the stadium. I heard one estimate of about 15,000. From looking at the crowd at different angles and in all sections and lots of people on the field, I thought it had to be in the 25,000 to 30,000 area.

Is there anyone who was there that could give us a good estimate?
SIAP - had several acquaintances there, some Trumpers and some not. Their estimates (along with accompanying video I saw) put the crowd between 15,00 and 18,000.
All of the local TV media are going with the 18,000 number.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
The man does not drink or smoke, raised his kids, his background has been in public, (his records are not sealed at Wharton, i.e BHO)none of his employees or in-laws or acquaintances have dissed him or disputed his past. What about decency am I missing out on ? When you are truly American, you have earned the right to speak your mind.
FIFY

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
People are fond of labeling and pigeonholing others. I had an ultra-conservative, a few weeks ago, accuse me of sounding like I was really a conservative on a particular topic. Well, duh. My response to him was, if you're going to accurately label something or someone, shouldn't you know what or who you are labeling?
It's a well known and studied characteristic of the human mind to attempt to find patterns...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
The problem with voting for Trump is that no one has any idea what their going to get if he gets elected. He has espoused some left of enter ideas in the past and now, when it suits him, he sounds vaguely conservative. Once elected (God forbid) nobody has a clue what he'll do.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.