The University has asked for media silence on practice

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'm truly hoping that we have our starting QB & Coach Saban is going to makes us all guess who it will be..Including "The Badger's"..I'd rather it be that way anyways myself..

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Hopefully this is to keep something good secret but the note that "This mostly pertains to injuries" isn't encouraging.

I saw that quote on the Anniston Star link.

Last edited:

bamaman2988

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 7, 2009
Eufaula, Al
I just don't understand why now. Media viewing part of practices has never been an issue before. If coach is worried about the starting qb being found out, it is not like a team would have a lot of film to watch on any of them. Coker did not play enough last year to give anything away.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Maybe they just got tired of all the clickbait about injuries when they're just precautionary moves to keep guys from actually getting hurt.

Sure, the clickbait doesn't really mean anything to Saban but perhaps enough guys were getting concerned calls or the like that Saban decided to put an end to the distraction altogether. Then again, he may actually be tired of our beat writers effectively being intel for our future opponents with detailed observations of tweaks, favorings, boots, and wraps.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
I just don't understand why now. Media viewing part of practices has never been an issue before. If coach is worried about the starting qb being found out, it is not like a team would have a lot of film to watch on any of them. Coker did not play enough last year to give anything away.
Not only that but it's not like there's enough difference between the QB's to have a much different game plan for any of them.

bamaman2988

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 7, 2009
Eufaula, Al
Also, coach has not done himself any favors with the media this offseason. This latest ploy gives them even more to speculate and write about. Don't think he did himself any favors but I guess we will have to trust he knows what he is doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Somebody did something he didn't like when talking about injuries and he's putting the media in timeout when it really doesn't matter. It's a teaching moment. hahaha

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm sure it has something to do with them reporting something they weren't supposed to. Probably reporting Coker's injury because suttles was very very vague at first until the whole thing became speculation. Well we will probably get some info today by people who went to the scrimmage if the media muzzle is still on.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Also, coach has not done himself any favors with the media this offseason. This latest ploy gives them even more to speculate and write about. Don't think he did himself any favors but I guess we will have to trust he knows what he is doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you really think he cares about winning any favors with the majority of the writers that cover Alabama. Half of the stuff that is on Al.com is just so you click on the article so they get paid from advertisers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.