Here's What Fear The Walking Dead Won't Show

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Hmmm, apparently the mom, kim dickens, was born in the hsv.

Well dang, how did i miss this info on the first page? :conf2:

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I enjoyed it. Definitely will be an interesting addition to TWD. Even my husband that doesn't watch TWD often...liked the show.

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL
It can't hold a candle to the pilot episode of the walking dead.Hopefully it improves.The junkie and his bratty sister were beyond annoying.The parents were already acting like zombies.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I suspect the huge ratings for FTWD is directly related to the intense popularity of TWD. It will be interesting to compare these numbers with TWD season 6 premier in October.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
It can't hold a candle to the pilot episode of the walking dead.Hopefully it improves.The junkie and his bratty sister were beyond annoying.The parents were already acting like zombies.
I know there are not going to kill off characters of FTWD like they do on TWD, but geez I really hope the Junkie Nick isn't too long for this world. If the end of the world as you know it doesn't get you clean in a hurry then you should perish.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I know there are not going to kill off characters of FTWD like they do on TWD, but geez I really hope the Junkie Nick isn't too long for this world. If the end of the world as you know it doesn't get you clean in a hurry then you should perish.
I don't know. If you're going to get high, the end of the world seems like as good a time as any.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
You have to remember that we know far more than the characters of FTWD do - at this point, they are just beginning to realize there is some sort of sickness that causes really bizarre things. There's no way they know this is the 'end of the world' or even the scale at which this is happening.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
he, like his sister on the show, is far too pretty to die early. Get used to them

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
This show is about a bunch of California yuppies trying to survive a zombie apocalypse. This shouldn't last long.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Apparently AMC is now producing a half hour special that will take place in the same universe as TWD/FTWD and it will follow a group of characters (Zombies on the---Sam Jackson's favorite word---plane) during a walker attack on passenger airline flight. One of these characters will make it's way to FTWD. Hmm...should be interesting. No casting news YET, but this special will be shown in parts during commercial breaks of either show.

Zombies on the---Sam Jackson's favorite word---plane, am I right?

http://screenrant.com/walking-dead-standalone-episode-airplane/

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
just got done with the second episode. it was much better than the first. I think we will have to wait until the season finale to have a major character die

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Still seems to be moving slow and there isn't another episode for 2 weeks. It's good though. I'll probably keep watching it through however many episodes they put out..

Ratal

3rd Team
Aug 29, 2006
I am really enjoying the show. Both episodes interested me for different reasons. I do agree that the reaction to walker being run over should have been more dramatic. I like the idea of where I believe the first season is going. I envision the apocalypse exponentially ramping up while the overall goal of the "group" to reach the desert will be slow.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
yeah, that and the "I'm going to go explore a junky den, at night by myself with only a flashlight and when I find something I'll bring back my wife" that and sending the daughter home by herself on the school bus rather than just bringing her along

I often criticized Walking Dead for people behaving stupid but this is a whole new level
Or even last night's "Let's walk into my boyfriends house where the door is already open and no one will answer me and there's glass & other things laying on the floor as if this was the scene of a break but I'm not going to call the cops."

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode. I wish these characters would actually start TALKING with each other and sharing what information they have. The teenaged geeky boy is the only one who's done that and Madison won't tell her daughter anything useful in the slightest - perplexing to say the least. Anyway, I'll be watching the rest of the season, which I think is only four more episodes.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
You have to remember that we know far more than the characters of FTWD do - at this point, they are just beginning to realize there is some sort of sickness that causes really bizarre things. There's no way they know this is the 'end of the world' or even the scale at which this is happening.
Yep, and I think that's what makes this show currently more suspenseful than TWD. In TWD there aren't really a lot of scares anymore, it's about the narrative of the show.

FTWD can draw this suspense out for a while, because these characters are clueless. They don't know that they're supposed to be watching their backs around every corner. They don't know that they're already infected, they don't know that scratches turn you into zombies. Nick & Madison probably assume they're going to prison for a very long time for killing people right now, they just have no idea. They don't understand that there's no coming back from any of this. We know everything about the events they're about to go through and they don't, so we're probably going to see a lot of really stupid moments in the coming episodes where we scream at the TV "WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT?" Well... because they haven't watched The Walking Dead, they don't know what they're supposed to do.

TWD was at it's most suspenseful when they cleared out the tunnel in total darkness. Or when they cleared out the prison. I could barely watch. It all felt too ominous. Impending doom, etc. Don't get me wrong, I still like TWD more because i'm invested in those characters. But that show is now about those characters, FTWD is about suspense, and so far, it's delivered.

So you have a video of a dead guy getting blasted going absolutely viral and hospitals around the planet being warned that some unknown virus is causing the dead to reanimate and no one from any medical center is saying anything? I know TWD's universe can stretch credulity but this is a bit ridiculous
My theory on that is pretty simple. The government & the authorities are fully aware of the virus and have been since Patient Zero. If some random high school kid in California has had access to all this footage online, our government & military absolutely has it too. They haven't told the public about it because they don't want cities being overrun by mass hysteria. They assume they can get the virus under control without having to inform the public that something as absurd as "the dead are reanimating and cannibalizing the living." In our world, we've seen zombie movies for years, decades... in theirs, it's a foreign concept. If we heard about a zombie virus most of us would react with "I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN." But in their world, it's the most absurd thing that could ever happen. They don't know what zombies are.

We even had Nick question this last night when he flipped the radio on different channels and kept asking "Why is no one talking about this?" So we know that the writers at least understand the absurdity of a lack of reaction from both authorities and the public.

The problem is this thing has moved so fast that it didn't really matter. The authorities never had a chance to get it under control because everyone's already been infected. It doesn't matter how you die, you always come back.

TL;DR The authorities thought they could get it under control, they were wrong. Now it's too late and Z-Day has arrived.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.