Poll: Pick the starting QB for Wisconsin game

Who will be the starting QB in Wisconsin game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm suprised that Bateman isn't getting lot of love and Coker is.. Coker has pretty much sucked throughout the fall camp....
Well what leads you to believe that Bateman is better than Coker? You are talking about the same guy that has been tried out at receiver multiple times since the battle started. Bateman probably was the most improved qb from a day to the second scrimmage but that doesn't necessarily mean Bateman> or = to Coker.

Coker hasn't exactly sucked through camp it is more that he hasn't broken away from the others like everyone has wanted him to. If anything most reports this week have been ultra positive on Coker. You also have to consider the REC isn't the coaching staff either. So it is possible that Coker had the best day. I've heard more people at church that went yesterday say Coker was the best out there. So who really knows.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think it does seem to come down to Coker and Morris, but if the way the coaches are handling it is any indication, it seems like a case of 1A and 1B. At least in theory, I'm guessing they'll have two guys they want to get a lot of reps (if not Wisconsin then Middle Tennessee) and by the Ole Miss or Georgia game I suppose things will be more set in stone.

I honestly don't see much of an advantage to Morris being the starter over Coker, long term at least. Just because Cornwell didn't live up to unrealistic expectations that existed for a month or two or what ever, doesn't mean he can't develop into what some hope he can. Likewise, just because Barnett can't start as a true freshman doesn't mean someone with his talent can't start as a redshirt freshman. So, we'll see who ends up being the guy this year but I honestly hope that when it's all said and done Barnett gets a legitimate shot next year at starting, either way.
2016 is a new year and no matter who the starter is this year there will be competition next year especially with Barnett's talents. I think with Morris making the fewest mistakes, making good decisions and his leadership he will be the starter.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
2016 is a new year and no matter who the starter is this year there will be competition next year especially with Barnett's talents. I think with Morris making the fewest mistakes, making good decisions and his leadership he will be the starter.
I think Coker will be the guy until he proves he cant handle it or is a turn over machine. If he cant handle it, they will hand the keys over to Morris.

Coker is the most talented right now....he just needs to get his head right.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
[B said:
WMack4Bam[/B]a;2647505]It'll be Jake Coker
I would say that I don't know or care who Coach Saban starts, but if WMack says Coker, then I believe it will be Coker. If he screws up with INTs., then I don't think Coach Saban will be as patient as he was with Sims in the Barn game last year. I think he was patient with Sims in that game because Sims had been very productive all year and he was confident that Sims gave us the best chance against the Barn. So why would he go with someone who would have probably thrown 3 more ints.?

Here's hoping Coker has got it together. If not, a quick thumb will lead to another QB behind our center.

As long as Bama wins, I don't care who the QB is.

Last edited:

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
The reason I'm thinking Coker is because from all accounts, he's been give every opportunity to LOSE the job. And nobody else has jumped out and consistently been better. The truth is that of all the guys there, Jake's ceiling is exponentially higher than everybody except Barnett.

And good Jake can be jaw dropping...problem is, when you see good Jake and then bad Jake the next play, it can be head scratch inducing

I would say that I don't know or care who Coach Saban starts, but if WMack says Coker, then I believe it will be Coker. If he screws up with INTs., then I don't think Coach Saban will be as patient as he was with Sims in the Barn game last year. I think he was patient with Sims in that game because Sims had been very productive all year and he was confident that Sims gave us the best chance against the Barn. So why would he go with someone who would probably have probably thrown 3 more ints.?

Here's hoping Coker has got it together. If not, a quick thumb will lead to another QB behind our center.

As long as Bama wins, I don't care who the QB is.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I would say that I don't know or care who Coach Saban starts, but if WMack says Coker, then I believe it will be Coker. If he screws up with INTs., then I don't think Coach Saban will be as patient as he was with Sims in the Barn game last year. I think he was patient with Sims in that game because Sims had been very productive all year and he was confident that Sims gave us the best chance against the Barn.
I'll tell you what, I just went back and watched the LSU game from last year. Bama got the ball back at the 35 yard line with 50 seconds to play and no timeouts. Blake ran the 2 minute drill (50 second drill?) to perfection. That probably gave Coach Saban a lot of confidence that Blake would get it together.

Okay, back to the August 2015 QB discussion...

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that Saban plans on playing at least 2 QBs in that game because he is not sure who should be your starter, so the person who takes the first snap should not be considered the "starter" in the way that most think of the term. The real question should be, who will be Alabama's starter in game 3. That person will determine your season.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Coker may start, but I think Morris will play. Though I'll take Morris steady hand if nothing else.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I think that Saban plans on playing at least 2 QBs in that game because he is not sure who should be your starter, so the person who takes the first snap should not be considered the "starter" in the way that most think of the term. The real question should be, who will be Alabama's starter in game 3. That person will determine your season.
I know what you mean and all, with the Ole Miss game. However, Wisconsin is a very good team, and it's a little worrisome to me that we are going to be rotating QBs. Much better to do that against Kent State, etc.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Zow? Sorry, flashback. I'm going to say Morris, because I have an impression he takes better care of the football. That impression is strictly based on a bunch of rumors, but I do think CNS values not turning over the football very highly. Either way, I expect both he and Coker to play significant snaps in Dallas.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Coker may start, but I think Morris will play. Though I'll take Morris steady hand if nothing else.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I agree that Coker will get his shot but Morris will probably be the man by the third game. CNS will go with two QB's the first two games. (In the poll I picked Barnett, i mean't to pick Morris because he's my pick for the season). I trust CNS over everyone except God and my Wife.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.