Poll: Pick the starting QB for Wisconsin game

Who will be the starting QB in Wisconsin game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Was on the Cooper Bateman program last season. Sticking with him until . . . . :biggrin2:

It's as simple as wanting to see a guy from Utah as QB at Alabama. No, I'm not from Utah.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I would have picked Coker any other time, but with the rumors of Morris emerging I might have to go with him starting at this point. I just hope Coker gets it together because he has all the skills to put up nasty numbers. Honestly I think he is just a bad practice player, I thought late last year when he played that he looked like he had things together.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
I'm leaning toward Morris. RS junior that can start this year and next while Barnett redshirts this year and is the backup next year as a RS freshman. Then Barnett's in line to start as a RS soph.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think it does seem to come down to Coker and Morris, but if the way the coaches are handling it is any indication, it seems like a case of 1A and 1B. At least in theory, I'm guessing they'll have two guys they want to get a lot of reps (if not Wisconsin then Middle Tennessee) and by the Ole Miss or Georgia game I suppose things will be more set in stone.

I honestly don't see much of an advantage to Morris being the starter over Coker, long term at least. Just because Cornwell didn't live up to unrealistic expectations that existed for a month or two or what ever, doesn't mean he can't develop into what some hope he can. Likewise, just because Barnett can't start as a true freshman doesn't mean someone with his talent can't start as a redshirt freshman. So, we'll see who ends up being the guy this year but I honestly hope that when it's all said and done Barnett gets a legitimate shot next year at starting, either way.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.