Poll: Pick the starting QB for Wisconsin game

Who will be the starting QB in Wisconsin game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Not a pick but it seems like Bateman is a combo of Morris and Coker; good decision making and athletic. I'd like to see him get some playing time in the first game.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Haven't voted. And if I do it'll prolly be by this weekend. My original expectation of Cornwell is pretty much a no show now. But I wouldn't be shocked at all if Kenyan Drake didn't take the first snap of the season in the pistol and run off tackle or end sweep.

Hey, it could happen.

Anyway, don't care which one starts. CNS & CLK will manufacture an offense around whoever it is. Not worried at all.

RTR!!!

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Coker and Morris will be named co-starters, Coker gets first shot (alphabetically); Morris winds up with the job. I would not recommend using this information when wagering with real money.
This is what I think may happen, unless the lights just come on for Coker.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
CBS is saying Morris is leading, but then again I don't think we get a definite thing from "the man" himself til Next week.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
If this happens maybe Saban will get his name right [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach got it right a few times this past weekend, so maybe that is the true sign of getting the nod.

I mean it would be awful if coach kept calling him Alex all year as the starter....I mean it would be funny as all heck, because it would remind me of Coach Bryant messing up names....its not as bad as that, but it would be funny.

"After the game interview"
Maria Taylor: So Coach, what do you think about your new QB?
Coach Saban: Alex played a heck of a game for a first time starter. We are proud of Alex, aight.
Maria Taylor: So Alec, how does it feel to win your first game as the Bama starting QB?
Alec Morris: First thing first Maria, that would be Alex, aight.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I really hope that if Alec gets the nod, he'll be able to just take the reigns and run with it. However, I still have my doubts that it will be just one guy as the sole starter.

With GMac he got the nod without any real competition, but both AJ and Blake both had another guy that was basically 1B. I think the idea will have to be to get another guy (most likely Coker) a lot of snaps to. The trick is, who ever takes that first snap has a dramatic advantage. If he leads the team to a blowout, he's further entrenched as the starter, and if it's not a blowout it's really hard to take him out.

This all is really complicated if you add the notion that Blake Barnett might not be redshirted to the mix. It makes a bit of sense to not redshirt Blake if Alec was out of the mix. Coker is a senior, Blake could back him up and be groomed to take over for him the following season. However, if Alec is the starter? You end up with this weird scenario in which you potentially burn a year of Blake's eligibility and Alec remains the starter for next year.

Having the confidence to start Alec, and the confidence in Blake to burn his redshirt just don't mix well to me. It seems to me it would have to be one or the other, not both. We'll see though...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I really hope that if Alec gets the nod, he'll be able to just take the reigns and run with it. However, I still have my doubts that it will be just one guy as the sole starter.

With GMac he got the nod without any real competition, but both AJ and Blake both had another guy that was basically 1B. I think the idea will have to be to get another guy (most likely Coker) a lot of snaps to. The trick is, who ever takes that first snap has a dramatic advantage. If he leads the team to a blowout, he's further entrenched as the starter, and if it's not a blowout it's really hard to take him out.

This all is really complicated if you add the notion that Blake Barnett might not be redshirted to the mix. It makes a bit of sense to not redshirt Blake if Alec was out of the mix. Coker is a senior, Blake could back him up and be groomed to take over for him the following season. However, if Alec is the starter? You end up with this weird scenario in which you potentially burn a year of Blake's eligibility and Alec remains the starter for next year.

Having the confidence to start Alec, and the confidence in Blake to burn his redshirt just don't mix well to me. It seems to me it would have to be one or the other, not both. We'll see though...
Would love to be a fly on the wall for those discussions. All kinds of dynamics, potential leadership teaching moments, etc.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Completely agree Krazy. If Morris is starting, you have to RS Barnett. It makes no sense to burn a year of eligibility if Morris leads us to a good season. He'd be entrenched as the QB going in to next season, and you'd have wasted a year of eligibility for no reason.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.