Americans who stop terrorist on train to receive high honor from France

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Three Americans who stopped a terrorist from opening fire on crowded French train are to receive an award from France. Bless these men for taking action and preventing multiple casualties.

The Legion d'Honneur, France's highest accolade, was created by Napoleon Bonaparte in 1802 and is awarded in recognition of both civil and military achievements.
LINK

About the terrorist: CLICK

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Man, I thought some of our defense lawyers could spin some tall tales with a straight face, but this French lady takes the cake. He "found" and AK, 8 or 9 mags, a semi pistol, with ammo and a box cutter IN A PARK?!?!? Is this crap taken seriously in their courts?

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Man, I thought some of our defense lawyers could spin some tall tales with a straight fact, but this French lady takes the cake. He "found" and AK, 8 or 9 mags, a semi pistol, with ammo and a box cutter IN A PARK?!?!? Is this crap taken seriously in their courts?
Yeah, I mean people in Belgium just toss their used AKs into the bush in the park. It happens.
I'm not a betting man, but I'd bet this defense is not going to fly. The Belgians are a pretty tolerant people, but they are getting fed up with this garbage.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah, I mean people in Belgium just toss their used AKs into the bush in the park. It happens.
I'm not a betting man, but I'd bet this defense is not going to fly. The Belgians are a pretty tolerant people, but they are getting fed up with this garbage.
I don't know if the prosecution will be in Belgium or France. However, he might have been better off spending the money for the ticket for the bullet train (not cheap) on food...

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Thank goodness 3 men, in this case American men, stopped the gunman. France should recognize these men for what they did to save lives.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Thank goodness 3 men, in this case American men, stopped the gunman. France should recognize these men for what they did to save lives.
You realize what the thread is about, don't you? France gave each one of them the highest honor yesterday. That's why Elefantman started the thread.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
LOL, CA. Now it appears a fifth man, a French-American who is a college professor here, was actually the first to grab the guy's gun and thus was invaluable in the whole counterattack, will also get the medal when he gets out of the hospital. He was shot in the neck and was saved by Stone...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
^^ Ha ha! :)

Congrats to these three patriots....well deserved accolades!
Four, five, if you count the Brit. The first guy was the French-American (who has an Armenian-sounding name) grabbed the AK, which had immediately jammed, turned his back on the guy to see after his wife and was shot in the back, exit through the neck, by the gunman's Luger (Luger!?!?) pistol. So, the prof definitely deserves the medal as well...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.