Steve Sarkisian Apologizes for Behavior at Trojans Kickoff Event

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Sarkisian had this reimbursement in 2012 during his time at Washington. Doesn't look very good for him.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
You must like your tequila if 45 shots is split between 5-6 people :wink:. Looks like he may have bought the bar a round of tequila.
as someone who can barely stand the smell of tequila, much less the taste of it, just the thought of that makes me nauseated ;)

B

BroadwayJoe777

That restaurant bill is very concerning.

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
What? What is alcohol doing in a collegiate locker room in the first place? Pros okay I get it. Is this some kind of a joke?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
What? What is alcohol doing in a collegiate locker room in the first place? Pros okay I get it. Is this some kind of a joke?
I thought the same thing, but that account seems to be a legitimate journalist. May be we just don't understand what's been going on at USC. What's next, will they ban weed in the locker room to?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Sarkisian had this reimbursement in 2012 during his time at Washington. Doesn't look very good for him.

Read where Trojan fans are saying that bar tab was for 16 people... Okay. So a few more got loopy and a few less got blasted. I think Sark has got some real issues.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Read where Trojan fans are saying that bar tab was for 16 people... Okay. So a few more got loopy and a few less got blasted. I think Sark has got some real issues.
So 14 food orders and 2 people didn't eat?

Well 45 Patron's is still almost 3 per person not to mention the other drinks- so I hope it was for 16 people, or he would probably be dead. So did he take out the entire staff or was he getting recruits parents' drunk? LOL

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Apparently, Kiffin was the one who brought alcohol back into the USC locker room. Coach O took it out when he was interim, and Sark brought it back. Link

Within the athletic department, a split emerged. Some wanted action to combat what they believed is a long-time drinking culture within the football program. Others applauded Sarkisian for being politically incorrect and acting “real” on stage, football’s version of Donald Trump.

Unlike Trump, however, Sarkisian actually apologized.

“This will not happen again,” he said in his statement.

USC took one step Monday to reduce drinking as it banned alcohol in the locker room after home and road games this season. Former coach Lane Kiffin wanted alcohol in the locker room when he took over the program but it was eliminated by interim coach Ed Orgeron in 2013. Sarkisian brought it back last season.

The issue of drinking existed long before Sarkisian. Legendary coach John McKay had a booth named after him at the famous Julie’s restaurant next to the campus in the 1960s and 70s. Long-time employees reminisced about meeting him there after practices for a drink. That was a different time, though, and McKay’s quick wit made him a fan and media favorite.

That was also before social media and cell-phone videos turned every incident into a cause celebre. And Sarkisian is hardly the first recent USC coach to draw scrutiny for alleged incidents fueled by alcohol.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.