Steve Sarkisian Apologizes for Behavior at Trojans Kickoff Event

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Wow. Can't use the excuse "young college kid." What in the world was he thinking? I think The AD should fine him or do something just like a player when they embarrass the school. Double Standard, Mr. Hayden?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
He is lucky he was not on thin ice before this or he may have been looking for work. He has now put himself on thin ice after this.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Is he the head coach or an immature freshman football player who needs to be red shirted this year? I think he needs to do lots of stands in front of his players until he is totally exhausted and has to be carted off to the locker room. Then do the same the next day, etc. until his apology has real meaning!

Is this the reason that QB is transferring to Arkansas? He wants to play for someone who is much more mature.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Considering how public the job is, you have to wonder what he's thinking when he lets himself get in that state. If he can't control his drinking enough before a very public event, i wonder if it's an alcohol problem, self-control issues, or a flippant ego?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Is he the head coach or an immature freshman football player who needs to be red shirted this year? I think he needs to do lots of stands in front of his players until he is totally exhausted and has to be carted off to the locker room. Then do the same the next day, etc. until his apology has real meaning!

Is this the reason that QB is transferring to Arkansas? He wants to play for someone who is much more mature.
I think maturity has to be part of the conversation. He called Haden (daddy) from the press box to argue with the referees during a game.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I agree with Crimson Audio. It would be awful hard for me to look 18-20 year old kids in the face and discipline them after pulling a stunt like this.

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO
I know it would be potentially difficult, but I'm a little surprised no one stepped up and said "Coach, let's skip the mic tonight." Would there be rumors? Sure. But file that one under "better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.