*** CB Nigel Knott Signs With Alabama ***

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Re: 2015 CB Nigel Knott (Germantown, MS)

I'm possibly being overly pessimistic since he's a Mississippi recruit, but the last two CBs for Nigel were by Rebels247 writers and went to Ole Miss. They both were in the last two hours.
Yep, MS kid that Bama feels good about.....but I don't. If he, signs with Bama I would be happily surprised. Too many in the past that were all Bama until the week or day of signing day. Does the Connor kid come to mind?

I sometimes wonder why Bama even wastes time in MS.

Akers can be recruiting for Bama all he wants.....I am willing to bet, regardless of how he feels about Bama today....he don't sign with Bama either in 2017.

MS people either threaten, entice or pressure MS kids to stay in their state. Its like they want to keep those kids down or something...clueless, because their programs will always be mediocre at best.

Lousyana people do the same with their talented kids, but at least they have a decent program to got to.........

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: CB Nigel Knott Updates

BOL just reported Knott unofficially in Tuscaloosa. As you recall, he just wrapped up his OV last week and all indications it went very well. This development is surely a positive sign. However he does have a OV with Mississippi this weekend. Let's see what happens.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

BOL just reported Knott unofficially in Tuscaloosa. As you recall, he just wrapped up his OV last week and all indications it went very well. This development is surely a positive sign. However he does have a OV with Mississippi this weekend. Let's see what happens.
Well, if he was not a mississippi kid I would feel better about it.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I would only start to feel good if he cancelled his OM trip this weekend.......
Yep, it`s going to be REAL interesting next week. There are I believe several Mississippi kids that we`re head to head with MSU and particularly Ole Miss. And that`s not to mention Juarez, Gary, etc. who aren`t even from Mississippi. Ole Miss already snaked Greg Little away from us IMO.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Well, if he was not a mississippi kid I would feel better about it.
To consider this from a different angle ... how many of Alabama's really top-ranked players ever leave the state? I can remember two in the Saban era: Winston; Kwon Alexander -- and Alexander only left because we offered him a gray shirt after he got hurt and LSU gave him a full ride.

I'm sure there are a couple more. But the point is this: To out-of-state recruiters, Alabama has been the equivalent of Steve Earle's "Copperhead Road," every bit as much -- and more -- than what Mississippi has been for us. If Wilson and Davis stay in state after all this heavy flirting with Georgia and Florida, you don't think rival fan bases will be questioning how it all came about?

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

To consider this from a different angle ... how many of Alabama's really top-ranked players ever leave the state? I can remember two in the Saban era: Winston; Kwon Alexander -- and Alexander only left because we offered him a gray shirt after he got hurt and LSU gave him a full ride.
Number of players in 247Composite's top 10 recruits from the state to go elsewhere since 2008:

2016 - 4 committed
2015 - none
2014 - 1
2013 - 2
2012 - 5
2011 - 1
2010 - 1
2009 - none
2008 - 3

Compared to Mississippi recruits during that time:

2016 - 1 committed with 5 uncommitted
2015 - 1
2014 - 1
2013 - 2
2012 - 2
2011 - 2
2010 - 2
2009 - 2
2008 - 3

Alabama has seen 17 kids head out of state while Mississippi has seen 16 head elsewhere with the possibility of a few others. Seems like LSU has some luck getting kids from the southern part of the state since it would be closer than State or Ole Miss for many.

I'm sure there are a couple more. But the point is this: To out-of-state recruiters, Alabama has been the equivalent of Steve Earle's "Copperhead Road," every bit as much -- and more -- than what Mississippi has been for us. If Wilson and Davis stay in state after all this heavy flirting with Georgia and Florida, you don't think rival fan bases will be questioning how it all came about?
Considering Ben Davis has been considered a Bama lock since his recruitment started, no one would consider any shady happenings. Mack has been seen as a Bama lock even with the Florida talk. Analysts have continued to say "He likes Florida.... But I still see him at Alabama."

The thing about Mississippi kids - they can give every indication they are heading to Alabama or somewhere outside the state, yet end up going to Ole Miss or State at the very last second. CJ Hampton and Tony Conner are two perfect examples.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011

Please. Recruiting to Bama and recruiting to Ole Miss is just not the same. It's just not. You do not see any Bama kid giving all indications they are leaving the state and then switching like the Mississippi kids have been doing. And I believe it is all orchestrated that way be Hugh Freeze.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Kids change their minds all the time. Otherwise, we don't get Mark Ingram. We don't get A'Shawn Robison or Eddie Jackson. And we don't lose Malcom Mitchell or Greg Reid or Keenan Allen. We've certainly lost kids from Mississippi. We lose them elsewhere, too.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Boom goes the dynamite. Check out the football board. OM got a notice from the NCAA about cheating in football and others. Perfect timing and I'm thinking Nigel and some of the other kids from MS considering us may be swayed with this news.

Last edited:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Boom goes the dynamite. Check out the football board. OM got a notice from the NCAA about cheating in football and others. Perfect timing and I'm thinking Nigel and some of the other kids from MS considering us may be swayed with this news.
If this is true, the NCAA hasn't forgotten how to set off a bomb to cause the most damage. Here.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

This has been announced in sufficient time such that there`s small chance that prospects, and maybe even commits, will not know it and perhaps have second thoughts.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

This has been announced in sufficient time such that there`s small chance that prospects, and maybe even commits, will not know it and perhaps have second thoughts.
Yep, with 5 days to go until NSD in this day and age it will be plenty of time and don't think for a second coaches and others won't be letting them know about it.

And instead of recruiting uncommitted kids the OM staff is going to have to be putting out fires to try to keep their current commits. Could not have been better timing IMO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.