Link: AJ McCarron and Jameis Winston to square off tonight on ESPN

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I know it's pre season but the Bengals look bad. They look like they don't even want to be there.
They beat the giants 23-10 last week so again result and performance doesn't really matter in preseason it's more of getting signals and getting muscle memory against another team. Bengals will either win the north or get a wild card place. They are probably the most complete team in terms of talent overall between them, the steelers, and ravens.

Fwiw last year the patriots went 2-2 in the preseason with a loss to the redskins 23-6

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I wonder if the shoulder is still bothering him. that throw looked like it didn't have much on it. His Oline is not doing him any favors either. Cincy has looked terrible all game long especially the Oline.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I tired to watch another pro football game and to be honest I had rather watched dancing with the stars. Its a joke what the pro game has became. Well I can say I watch my one pro game of the year and not have to wait for the super bowl.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
AJ played the entire 2nd half and did pretty good. He was 11-15 for 97 yards with no TD's or INT's. He did lead them on their only TD drive of the night.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Taking his first ever live snaps in an NFL game, I thought he equated himself well. Once he gets more comfortable getting back into the game ( tonight was his first game snaps in nearly 2 years) I have no doubt he'll improve.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
AJ would have done more with that offense than Dalton if he had started the game.
Preseason means more for backups than starters. So this isn't really how these two teams are. Think of this like bama's first scrimmage. Boring, inconclusive , and a practice. Dalton is the starter and will be this year unless a Tom Brady situation occurs.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Dalton is terrible and overpaid. It shouldn't require a Bledsoe-Brady situation for Dalton to be out as their quarterback if he is mediocre this year (and the W-L suffers for it).

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm aware AJ isn't going to start.

Just really saying the Dalton stunk it up in his time with the starters and I don't think AJ would have done any worse and maybe better.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I tired to watch another pro football game and to be honest I had rather watched dancing with the stars. Its a joke what the pro game has became. Well I can say I watch my one pro game of the year and not have to wait for the super bowl.
It's preseason....the games are generally worthless to the spectator. You have to know this going in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.