What's happened to David Cornwell this summer?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Heard Wes Neighbors say today that Cornwell talked back to Saban when Saban was trying to explain what he wanted from his QB this year. Not fatal but not smart, either. Don't need a dumb QB.
To quote Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon!"

I don't know whether to laugh because he thought that might actually help him, or cry because it's so stupid, and we're looking to him as a potential leader.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Saw on another forum that Cornwell may withdraw today (8/26). Said it's the last day on the UA calendar to drop without a "W" grade, and he's wanting to transfer to a Juco closer to home.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Quote the source if you can... I saw same thing from RollTideBama Forum... It was part of the rumor mill thread... Right now it's just a rumor and nothing is confirmed or denyed....

Secondly, Go look at Drew Twitter, he said Cornwell was not in doghouse for talking back to coaches... it was something else.. that Wmack said in other thread.. he did something stupid...

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Hearing Cornwell may withdraw today (8/26). It's the last day on the UA calendar to drop without a "W" grade, and he's wanting to transfer to a Juco closer to home.
I really hate to hear that if true but I am not shocked. I told a friend last night that it would be just a matter of time before he transfers.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Heard Wes Neighbors say today that Cornwell talked back to Saban when Saban was trying to explain what he wanted from his QB this year. Not fatal but not smart, either. Don't need a dumb QB.
Don't think that's the case. Wes may know something. I don't know.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Quote the source if you can... I saw same thing from RollTideBama Forum... It was part of the rumor mill thread... Right now it's just a rumor and nothing is confirmed or denyed....

Secondly, Go look at Drew Twitter, he said Cornwell was not in doghouse for talking back to coaches... it was something else.. that Wmack said in other thread.. he did something stupid...
The thread title leads to rumor. If the question could be answered without resorting to rumor, there would not be four replies, much less four pages of replies.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Not trying to fan the rumor flame AT ALL here. Didn't someone mention last week, perhaps on another thread, that DC may have complained about the share of reps going around?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
It seems Cornwell has done some immature and selfish things that don't bode well when you are trying to be the starter and leader of a football team. I would not be surprised to see him transfer.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Saw on another forum that Cornwell may withdraw today (8/26). Said it's the last day on the UA calendar to drop without a "W" grade, and he's wanting to transfer to a Juco closer to home.
Not going to happen. He will be here through the year, and I expect him to be here longer but can't tell too far into the future due to desire for playing time. Anything could change next year or even in the Spring I suppose. His parents have a lake home in Tuscaloosa and pretty much have relocated here. They are planning on him being in T'town this year.

Last edited:

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Can't avoid wondering if the "mouthed off" and similar comments with no source identified or link to media are veering into rumor-land.

That sort of thing used to be unwelcome on this site except from certain mods or admins. Or at least i think i recall it being that way.

Is it out of line to suggest we lay off that sort of thing?

Last edited:

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Can't avoid wondering if the "mouthed off" and similar comments with no source identified or link to media are veering into rumor-land.

That sort of thing used to be unwelcome on this site except from certain mods or admins. Or at least i think i recall it being that way.

Is it out of line to suggest we lay off that sort of thing?
LIKE. ^^^

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Social media makes everyone an "insider" that wants to be. Let's quash the rumor stuff and if it comes out, we'll all know! RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.