What's happened to David Cornwell this summer?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Social media makes everyone an "insider" that wants to be. Let's quash the rumor stuff and if it comes out, we'll all know! RTR!
Yep let's just shut down the message boards since fans can't talk until something is said from one of the most tight-lipped programs in the nation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Well, at this point a well-known and well-respected former Alabama player has publicly confirmed at least part of what we have heard here as has a moderator. Hopefully a valuable life lesson will be learned. If not, it won't be for lack of having been taught.

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Yep let's just shut down the message boards since fans can't talk until something is said from one of the most tight-lipped programs in the nation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is soooo far from what he meant..... Obviously, he is addressing the wannabe "insiders" that act as if they really know someone or something. Surely you would agree that those people are laughable?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I meant shut the rumors down, not all discussion . Lighten up!
When you say "Let's quash the rumor stuff and if it comes out, we'll all know!", you're assuming Nick Saban would publicly say "[insert player name] decided to transfer from Alabama because he got pushed down the pecking order after making some dumb decisions, such as ________, ___________, and __________." That's not happening. Therefore, we have three options: wait on Saban to say something, believe everything we read from other fans on TF, or do our own research to find what is said on various sites to get a better grasp of things. If one "rumor" is on numerous sites, we can begin to believe it's more than just a rumor.

That is soooo far from what he meant..... Obviously, he is addressing the wannabe "insiders" that act as if they really know someone or something. Surely you would agree that those people are laughable?
As I said above, do your own research on the various message boards. You can figure out what posters are just repeating what they find on other sites. Also, people appear to be "wannabe insiders" because they may have an account at TI, BOL, Rivals, Scout or other paid-sites but can't copy and paste what they read on those sites to TF. To avoid any issues, those posters make vague references to what they read on those sites.

Some folks do have sources, but they don't post much.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'm not really interested in having the inside gossip enough to do extensive research comparing posts from one website to another.

I think the coaching staff makes public the info they want the public to be aware of, that's usually enough for my casual interest.

If a player pops off to a coach, in my opinion, that's between them, and not the best topic for a public discussion on a message board. I understand there are those that want every last little detail, even if that detail being public is not in the program's best interest.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
When you say "Let's quash the rumor stuff and if it comes out, we'll all know!", you're assuming Nick Saban would publicly say "[insert player name] decided to transfer from Alabama because he got pushed down the pecking order after making some dumb decisions, such as ________, ___________, and __________." That's not happening. Therefore, we have three options: wait on Saban to say something, believe everything we read from other fans on TF, or do our own research to find what is said on various sites to get a better grasp of things. If one "rumor" is on numerous sites, we can begin to believe it's more than just a rumor.

As I said above, do your own research on the various message boards. You can figure out what posters are just repeating what they find on other sites. Also, people appear to be "wannabe insiders" because they may have an account at TI, BOL, Rivals, Scout or other paid-sites but can't copy and paste what they read on those sites to TF. To avoid any issues, those posters make vague references to what they read on those sites.

Some folks do have sources, but they don't post much.
The problem with believing the "the one rumor in numerous" is the fact that you have guys that are one all of them and the same rumor (which is often false) is regurgitated over and over. Sometimes rumors are true, but often they are not. If you don't believe that, go back and check the Braxton Miller thread.

We have posters on this board that have no more inside info than I do, yet they scour the internet all day, every day and post tidbits of things they've "heard", "hearing", and "have been told" that they simply read on other boards. You then have new members who don't know the difference that think "Hey, this guy is well connected!", so they believe the things as the gospel from these perceived well connected guys, when it is really just rumors that are being regurgitated from board to board.

The problem is certainly not isolated to this site.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
The problem with believing the "the one rumor in numerous" is the fact that you have guys that are one all of them and the same rumor (which is often false) is regurgitated over and over. Sometimes rumors are true, but often they are not. If you don't believe that, go back and check the Braxton Miller thread.

We have posters on this board that have no more inside info than I do, yet they scour the internet all day, every day and post tidbits of things they've "heard", "hearing", and "have been told" that they simply read on other boards. You then have new members who don't know the difference that think "Hey, this guy is well connected!", so they believe the things as the gospel from these perceived well connected guys, when it is really just rumors that are being regurgitated from board to board.

The problem is certainly not isolated to this site.

Very true. Having been on here for so long, I know who to listen to (Earl, Mack, runtheoption, Jess, etc) and who to ignore.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I think most of us who have been on here for a long time know which members deal in facts and those who always seem to have the real facts based on their inside sources. :rolleye2:

Last edited:

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I think most of us who have been on here for a long time know which members deal in facts and those who always seem to have the real facts based on their inside sources. :rolleye2:
Awe shucks, guys, it's really sweet for you to recognize my interactions with everyone. ;-)

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'm not really interested in having the inside gossip enough to do extensive research comparing posts from one website to another.

I think the coaching staff makes public the info they want the public to be aware of, that's usually enough for my casual interest.

If a player pops off to a coach, in my opinion, that's between them, and not the best topic for a public discussion on a message board. I understand there are those that want every last little detail, even if that detail being public is not in the program's best interest.
Thank you, this is what I was attempting to say.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
http://www.decaturdaily.com/sports/...cle_493c0e18-441c-5f47-af1f-d255a831c1de.html

Which is why, when Saban rattled off a list of his quarterbacks in each of the last two media availabilities, and only mentioned four of the five viable candidates, the lone exception stuck out like a sore thumb.

Saban remedied that situation Thursday, discussing redshirt freshman David Cornwell for the first time since fall practice began in early August.

“David Cornwell has done a really, really good job,” Saban said Thursday when asked specifically why Cornwell hasn’t been mentioned before. “(He) struggled a little bit early on in camp. He's certainly getting better all the time, and we have a lot of confidence that he'll be a good player in the future.”
But what about all the juicy gossip circulating...he's chasing women and back-talking coaches?

As I mentioned upstream, if Saban has a problem with a player he wants the fans to be aware of...he will let us know about it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
http://www.decaturdaily.com/sports/...cle_493c0e18-441c-5f47-af1f-d255a831c1de.html

But what about all the juicy gossip circulating...he's chasing women and back-talking coaches?

As I mentioned upstream, if Saban has a problem with a player he wants the fans to be aware of...he will let us know about it.
Like I asked yesterday, do you honestly expect Nick Saban to get up and tell the world "David Cornwell dropped down the pecking order because he was too busy chasing a female. Hopefully, he learned his lesson." Do you?

Someone asked what happened to cause him to go from the #2 guy to not even being mentioned. Some have tried to answer that with what they know, have read, or have heard. If you don't want to read any of that, don't check the thread and just be sure to read every Nick Saban quote to find out exactly what happened because all the suspensions for "a violation of team rules" really tell us everything we need to know about a player's behavior.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Like I asked yesterday, do you honestly expect Nick Saban to get up and tell the world "David Cornwell dropped down the pecking order because he was too busy chasing a female. Hopefully, he learned his lesson." Do you?

Someone asked what happened to cause him to go from the #2 guy to not even being mentioned. Some have tried to answer that with what they know, have read, or have heard. If you don't want to read any of that, don't check the thread and just be sure to read every Nick Saban quote to find out exactly what happened because all the suspensions for "a violation of team rules" really tell us everything we need to know about a player's behavior.
Agreed and like. Saban is not going to throw a kid under the bus especially when the issue is sensitive. He would lose the team if he did.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
And if his problems truly were chasing a girl around, he is still on the team. I remember a kid who was a pretty good linebacker named Simmons who quit the team and left school to go back to be with his girlfriend. Cornwell will be o.k. as long as he sticks it out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.