Blog: Latest Bama News 8/25/2015

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
This is Where the Football Season Never Ends! Bama News First, and Foremost,
interesting SEC news, and salie
nt football news, Updated Daily!

Barrineau brings something unique to WR-tidesports

Senior wide receiver Parker Barrineau has gotten more out of his career than most who start as walk-ons. The Tuscaloosa native has shown by now that he can help Alabama.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Quinton Dial Survives, Thrives In Bay Area - Alabama - Scout-via rbr
San Francisco 49ers Coach Jim Tomsula was the defensive line coach before taking over the helm in 2015. Quinton Dial was under his tutelage for two years. Tomsula said, “He’s been on an upward track the entire time he has been here. He is making Alabama proud. He is doing really well this year. Our plans for him this year are he is competing and you’ll see him play a lot of football.”
With the dismissal of headcase Aldon Smith, coupled with Dial's steady development, the latter has earned himself a starting spot for the 49ers defensive line. Meanwhile, also in San Francisco, UDFA DeAndrew White is impressing coaches with his effort and versatility, including a big time punt return over the Cowboys. White is being worked at as a returner on both units and at WR. He is on the cusp of a roster spot.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
icymi:
Where do Alabama's top position battles stand following 2nd scrimmage? | AL.com-via rbr
Redshirt junior Alphonse Taylor has been the first-team right guard during recent portions of practice open to the media, ahead of redshirt sophomore Bradley Bozeman.
Inside linebacker Sophomore Shaun Dion Hamilton was the first-team inside linebacker next to Reggie Ragland in Alabama's base defense during the spring while junior Reuben Foster was first-team when the Tide went to their sub-packages.
Now THIS is probably the best read ole Aye Ell Dawt Com has had in a while. Alabama, blessed with abundant talent at ILB has apparently decided to try and play all of them. One battle I don't think we expected to play out this way has been the re-emergence of Shank. Taylor, who has had an uneven two seasons at Alabama, appears to have overtaken Bradley Bozeman. I wish I could be more enthusiastic about this development, but if Taylor has gotten that much better over the last season, let's declare victory and run the damn ball -- where Taylor is at his best. (I'm trying to be optimistically Gumpy, y'all. It's a bad fit on me.)
rbr op

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
How exciting was SEC in 1969? 'Splendid' classic highlight tells us | NCAA Football | Sporting News-via rbr
Judging by this nearly 25-minute highlight reel, the centennial season of college football was a pretty wacky one in the SEC, chock full of pigskin peculiarities. For starters, Kentucky, despite going 2-8, figured into, like, half of what Humble Oil and Refinery (your local Esso dealer) deemed the season's most exciting games, and not just because their quarterback's last name was Tingle.
Fun viewing, if you have 20 minutes to kill to check out some history.
rbrop

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.