Which coach have you hated losing to the most?

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I thought of this to discuss...Which coach would or do you hate losing to the most? Or which coach do you like winning the most against? Past or present!

I always hated losing a game to Fulmer and Tubberville.

I love winning against Meyer and Spurrier.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
As an OSU fan, I can't think of a coach that really got under my skin. As an Alabama fan I came to dislike 3 coaches, but none for beating Alabama (more for their character issues):

* Fulmer - for the way that he went after Alabama when he couldn't beat you on the field
* Franchione - for the way that he left Alabama
* Tuberville - because of his "Fear the Thumb" stuff. Playing to his fans, I know, but it just seemed like something that a low class fan would do and was not worthy of a head coach at a program like Auburn.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
More recently, Malzahn and Meyer, because those were the two most painful losses.

Over a longer period of time, Tuberville, because he had no class.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Phat Phil for what the fat .... tried doing & damn near succeeded, at least he lived to see the the Tide turn those plans around & almost it it was him that suffered way more than us..No Malzahn gets my vote for sure..

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Recently? Urban "Legend in his own mind" Meyer. Don't like him and don't like Ohio State. Double bad loss.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Phil Fulmer.

And nobody else is even close. Folks today don't know how gentlemantly the Alabama-Tennessee rivalry used to be, back when Johnny Majors was there and going way back even before him all the way to General Neyland.

Fulmer single-handedly destroyed all that.

There was a time not so long ago - less than 20 years - when even though nobody likes to "lose" to Tennessee (or anyone), it didn't really bother you. You respected them. A lot of Tide fans pulled for the Vols in every other game.

That's gone, and it saddens those of us who remember it passionately.

We could beat Tennessee 150-0 with Fulmer as the head coach, and I still wouldn't have my bloodlust satisfied.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Phil Fulmer.

And nobody else is even close. Folks today don't know how gentlemantly the Alabama-Tennessee rivalry used to be, back when Johnny Majors was there and going way back even before him all the way to General Neyland.

Fulmer single-handedly destroyed all that.

There was a time not so long ago - less than 20 years - when even though nobody likes to "lose" to Tennessee (or anyone), it didn't really bother you. You respected them. A lot of Tide fans pulled for the Vols in every other game.

That's gone, and it saddens those of us who remember it passionately.

We could beat Tennessee 150-0 with Fulmer as the head coach, and I still wouldn't have my bloodlust satisfied.
I agree. This last 8 year win streak over UT has been very nice.

Brtraker

1st Team
Nov 5, 2000
Decatur, Ala.
A Bama fan and his friend were watching the Tennessee game together at the fans house. After the end of the game and after Bama won his old hound dog who had been dozing throughout the game got up and started barking and running around the couch. The friend ask him what was up with his dog? He said his dog did that after all the Bama Tenn games. His friend said, "what does he do when Tenn wins? He said, hell I don't know, he's only eight years old..... ;)

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
Fulmer because I hated him and everything Tennessee after his off field activities against Alabama and Tubberville because I really hated seeing that hand go up counting the barn wins every year for way too long. But ya know, I have much more respect for Tubby than the current barn coach (can't recall his name).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.