Evan Mathis- Game`s Best Guard

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Listening to Mike and Mike this morning. They were gushing about Denver picking up EM. They were quoting references that indicated that he`s generally considered the best guard in the league. Also, one source they referred to has him rated as the 4th best player in the league regardless of position. Had no idea he was that highly thought of. RTR Evan !

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
That's pretty awesome. He's been to several pro bowls and isn't old by OL years yet, so I was wondering why it was taking a while for him to land anywhere. Since I'm a Cowboys fan, I'm glad he's no longer with the Eagles.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Glad he landed a job. I hate to see him leave the Eagles, but it all came down to money. Guess Chip Kelly didn't see the value in keeping him in Philly.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Glad he landed a job. I hate to see him leave the Eagles, but it all came down to money. Guess Chip Kelly didn't see the value in keeping him in Philly.
I heard that he actually took less money to go to Denver than others had offered. Don`t remember who "others" were. Wants to play on a team with a shot at a title.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I heard that he actually took less money to go to Denver than others had offered. Don`t remember who "others" were. Wants to play on a team with a shot at a title.
wow, he must want a ring and thinks he has a better chance to get it there. I know Minnesota has lost a few Olinemen to injury so they were probably one team.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He thought he deserved more than the $5+ million he would make in Philly. He got $4 million from Denver. So in reality, he's taking a paycut because he thought he deserved more.

Saw an explanation of why he took Denver's lower offer yesterday. He wanted to be on a contender.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Evan Mathis is a workout warrior who founded the Zone Athletic Performance center in Scottsdale, AZ. the man is a gym rat and a great athlete. here he is working out with the Rock at ZAP.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Find it hard to believe he's rated the 4th best player in the league and he basically got cut by the Eagles. However, he's in a much better situation now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Find it hard to believe he's rated the 4th best player in the league and he basically got cut by the Eagles. However, he's in a much better situation now..

I don't follow the NFL but from what little I've heard on talk radio Chip Kelley has made several strange moves involving personnel.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I don't follow the NFL but from what little I've heard on talk radio Chip Kelley has made several strange moves involving personnel.
Kelley seems to rub people the wrong way, too. It appears that there's probably nothing to the racial comments made by a couple of former players, but he's apparently a hard guy to play for with little or no redeeming qualities to inspire any loyalty. And, he seems to think that players are pretty much interchangeable in his system.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
CrimsonForce;2648705[B said:
]Find it hard to believe he's rated the 4th best player in the league[/B] and he basically got cut by the Eagles. However, he's in a much better situation now..

Don`t know. That`s just what they said on M & M and they were quoting a published ranking.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
That's the understatement of the year. Chip has made many personnel decisions that have most Eagle fans scratching their heads. Not resigning Mathis is just one more in a line of "interesting" moves by Kelly. The joke around here is they had to double the handicap parking at the stadium because of all the players with previous injuries Chip has signed.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
That was Taylor Pharr when he was with Shades Valley with the second longest in the state. Some guy from Russellville has the longest at 85 yards :)
Thank you for the correction, I knew he was Homewood, and I remembered an offensive lineman had the punting record. Eighty five yards will flip the field for sure.

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001
I'm not buying it. Is he solid? Yes he is. Is he the best? No way. If he was, he wouldn't have signed a 1 year deal.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.