Denver discriminates against chick fila based on Christian beliefs

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
LINK

Denver rejects chickfila application because the owner three years ago said he believed in "the biblical definition of family".

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
http://qpolitical.com/what-they-just-told-chick-fil-a-broke-my-heart-i-cant-believe-this/

Denver rejects chickfila application because the owner three years ago said he believed in "the biblical definition of family".
that is indeed ridiculous, I'd like to see Chic-fil-a sue the city and win.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Does the licensing of businesses on government property constitute government speech? If so, then according to the U.S. Supreme Court, it would seem that the City of Denver is free to deny the license application for the reason cited.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Does the licensing of businesses on government property constitute government speech? If so, then according to the U.S. Supreme Court, it would seem that the City of Denver is free to deny the license application for the reason cited.
Does jailing dissidents count as government speech?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
What Supreme Court decisions equate administrative functions to "speech" of any sort? I'm not aware of them at all...

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Also, Walker v Texas Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans

http://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/walker-v-texas-division-sons-of-confederate-veterans-inc/

Holding: Because Texas’s specialty license plate designs constitute government speech, it was entitled to reject a proposal for plates featuring a Confederate battle flag.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
It seems to me that Denver city council is more in violation of the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment than it is protected by principles of government speech.

Article

Denver city council claims the fast food chain CEO’s support of “biblical marriage” would hurt the city’s reputation.

Airport concession officials chose Chick-Fil-A based on explicit traveler preferences (2013 survey) and track record. There are currently 30 Chick-Fil-A restaurants operating in the Denver area.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
It seems to me that Denver city council is more in violation of the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment than it is protected by principles of government speech.

Article

Denver city council claims the fast food chain CEO’s support of “biblical marriage” would hurt the city’s reputation.

Airport concession officials chose Chick-Fil-A based on explicit traveler preferences (2013 survey) and track record. There are currently 30 Chick-Fil-A restaurants operating in the Denver area.
Anytime someone tries to play that card to do anything I immediately think, "With whom?" IMO they are specifically stating that they are trying to please a group of people by using this excuse/reason to take the action. Sometimes that doesn't bother me. For instance, I don't mind my "rep" not being tough enough with the local gang bangers. In fact it really doesn't bother me when that excuse/reason is used. Just be aware that you when you arbitrarily try to enhance your reputation with one group you will hurt your reputation with others.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Article

i'd be thinking the travelers, after a few bong hits, would just want a damned chick-fil-a sammich and wouldn't care about much else

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
The Denver decision seems silly. Makes me wonder if some big wig's relative owns a food shop and is next in line for the site.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
The Denver decision seems silly. Makes me wonder if some big wig's relative owns a food shop and is next in line for the site.
you know if you use your power over the airport in a manner that is truly corrupt and shameful enough as a politician you can get the airport named after you? It's true, see Atlanta for an excellent example

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
you know if you use your power over the airport in a manner that is truly corrupt and shameful enough as a politician you can get the airport named after you? It's true, see Atlanta for an excellent example
airport authorities (and i imagine port authorities as well) are crooked as hell

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.