Meet Cooper Bateman, the wild card to win Alabama's quarterback competition

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
I will be supportive of whoever is behind center but as a fan I reserve the right to cuss, scream, holler and throw things within the confines of my bar during the game if it isn't going well. I also reserve the right to consume adult beverage which may enhance my ability to holler but detract from my ability to hit anything with my hat or pillow that I throw. All that said, here's to whoever is the starter and would like to see the others get meaningful playing time when possible. Roll Tide and time to change to "Gameface".

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
That article was really slanted to make it seem like Bateman had a shot, and although I wouldn't be surprised to see him get reps I highly doubt he starts.

I have nothing against Cooper, as I was a fan of his coming out of high school. He's had a hard time adjusting to the speed of the college game, and many blame it on the lack of competition he faced in High School. He's much more athletic than the other top QB'S on the roster (Barnett aside), but he lacks the arm of Coker and the football IQ of Morris (from what I've gathered).

I hope he gets pt somewhere, because he has been loyal to the program. I just don't see much for him at QB. If he proves me wrong, I'll gladly be rooting for him.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
You seem to have stated this opinion before. I like reading your posts about the QB. You at least have more clarity than all the articles that try to predict who our QB will be.

I honestly hope they all are capable of leading the team, and the reason it's close as far as the media has it is because all of them are working their tails off to lead the offense.

I have no favorite although I waffle between 3 or 4. It's not long now til one trotts out for the 1st start. Whether he'll play the whole game or not we'll see. I'd like to see one have a phenomenal game with another coming in to finish with a few plays also. A big win and great play from the running game will help a great deal.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Is this quote from the article correct? If so, that just means he's in the top half.

Said Saban: "If we just rated the top 50 athletes on our team, he'd probably be one of them."
One thing about the article is that it really looks like there is a wide-open competition. I don't recall there ever being this many QB's in true competition for the starting spot.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Is this quote from the article correct? If so, that just means he's in the top half.
Quarterbacks aren't recruited for their athleticism, so the fact that Bateman is considered in that territory is just a way of highlighting how athletic he is as a player.

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
I will be supportive of whoever is behind center but as a fan I reserve the right to cuss, scream, holler and throw things within the confines of my bar during the game if it isn't going well. I also reserve the right to consume adult beverage which may enhance my ability to holler but detract from my ability to hit anything with my hat or pillow that I throw. All that said, here's to whoever is the starter and would like to see the others get meaningful playing time when possible. Roll Tide and time to change to "Gameface".

I totally agree with your attitude! Here's to Bama Football....Cheers!

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
call me a skeptic or a conspiracy theorist if you want, but to me this doesn't add up. Let me pose a hypothetical. CNS wants Wisc to have to prepare for a running QB. The two left in the race are not mobile. So he has a staff member leak something to a reporter that he might not forget about CB starting in the Wisc game. So he goes and writes the story. Reporters are dumb and write stories because they think they got some inside" information all the time. In reality they just got punk'd.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.