We have the first college game of the year tomorrow (North Dakota State)

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
How much does sling TV cost vs cable/satellite?

*I am in now way, shape or form an insider and have never claimed to be.*
The base package is $20 which includes the ESPN family of networks. I added the "sports extra" package to get the SEC Network ($5) and the kids package ($5). So I'm paying $30 per month. When I had DISH I was paying about $70 per month. Overall Sling is decent/ok depending on your internet speed. The biggest drawback is only being able to stream on one device at a time. I expect this will be fixed as it continues to develop. Also periodically they'll add channels to the base package at no extra charge. Since I've had the subscription they've added History Channel, H2, A&E, & AMC. Overall it's a decent product and is still in the development stage. I mostly stream it on a Roku 3. It works well on tablets too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The base package is $20 which includes the ESPN family of networks. I added the "sports extra" package to get the SEC Network ($5) and the kids package ($5). So I'm paying $30 per month. When I had DISH I was paying about $70 per month. Overall Sling is decent/ok depending on your internet speed. The biggest drawback is only being able to stream on one device at a time. I expect this will be fixed as it continues to develop. Also periodically they'll add channels to the base package at no extra charge. Since I've had the subscription they've added History Channel, H2, A&E, & AMC. Overall it's a decent product and is still in the development stage. I mostly stream it on a Roku 3. It works well on tablets too.

Thanks for the info. I may look into this. I'm paying $75/month with direct tv for connection on 3 TVs. I have good internet speed so that shouldn't be a problem. The streaming only on one device at a time is a pretty big limitation.

One more question about it? Does it have DVR (recording capability)?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I wondered about the weather there. It's looked foggy all day. Didn't know it was smoke.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Montana's HC Bob Stitt - known for giving WVU the "Fly Sweep" - which they used to demolish Clemson in the 2012 Orange Bowl....

As ESPN's Lisa Salters was finishing her postgame interview with Holgorsen, she asked about the play that "looked like a volleyball toss" and nobody could quite figure out.

A big smile crept across Holgorsen's face. "My good friend Bob Stitt at Colorado School of Mines gave me that," Holgorsen said.
Great story.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
How can they overturn it? It was called incomplete on the field thus how can they overrule and say that SDSU recovered? When it's called incomplete on the field the teams stop going for the recovery..

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Thanks for the info. I may look into this. I'm paying $75/month with direct tv for connection on 3 TVs. I have good internet speed so that shouldn't be a problem. The streaming only on one device at a time is a pretty big limitation.

One more question about it? Does it have DVR (recording capability)?

Not at the moment but some channels do archive past shows much like Hulu. I've never used it so idk how up to date the archive is.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
4th and 10 and the TE just running free down the seam for a 31 yard gain lol. This is a great game to open the season..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.