Kenyan Drake's speed

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
By the way. All it takes is a quick Google search to find the answer, instead of being such a jackass here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Kenyan Drake is deserving. He has been patient and suffered through a terrible injury and rehab. He seems so humble and plays with dignity. I hope great success comes for him and in turn we will enjoy his every accomplishment.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
By the way. All it takes is a quick Google search to find the answer, instead of being such a jackass here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
He's Broadway Joe, man! He doesn't have time to do a google search. Besides, the article was TLDR and you can read 700 pages in a day, so he wanted you to find the info for him. :D

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'll be waiting. Thank you.
Well, I'll put into words what many have been thinking. You sound like a masquerading rival fan in most of your posts. If you value your membership here (not sure you do) do not reply to this post with another snide rejoinder. In fact, don't reply at all. If it's important to you, do a little thinking before you post...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I don't think I would have the will power to forget about the break when I got back out on the field.
But then, these football players have the will power to do a lot of things I couldn't do.

Drake will be one of the guys I'll be most pulling for to have a big season. It's easy to be his fan.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I don't think Drakes injury is anything close in comparison to Prothro.

No doubt, it was a gruesome looking injury, but it was an ankle, which bends in crazy ways naturally.

I tore an ankle up in high school, but it didn't break and the DR. told me I would have been better off if it had broken because it would have healed back stronger.

I know KD's was a nasty looking break, but hopefully he'll be just as fast and strong as before.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I don't think Drakes injury is anything close in comparison to Prothro.

No doubt, it was a gruesome looking injury, but it was an ankle, which bends in crazy ways naturally.

I tore an ankle up in high school, but it didn't break and the DR. told me I would have been better off if it had broken because it would have healed back stronger.

I know KD's was a nasty looking break, but hopefully he'll be just as fast and strong as before.
I have a buddy who was a scholarshipped tennis player. One day, running hard for a shot in team practice, he stepped on a stray ball. Rolling his ankle doesn't do the injury justice, but I guess that's what happened, only to an exponentially extreme degree

Like you, he didn't break any bones. Tore, stretched and otherwise mangled every tendon, ligament, cartilage, and muscle in the joint. Also like you every sawbones he saw (and they were legion) told him if the bone had broken, he would have been far better off.

He was never the same, and it's been over 35 years.

My friend would never have been a WTP champion anyway. But I believe he could have made a solid living at it if his ankle had broken instead of shredding every bit of soft tissue.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I have a buddy who was a scholarshipped tennis player. One day, running hard for a shot in team practice, he stepped on a stray ball. Rolling his ankle doesn't do the injury justice, but I guess that's what happened, only to an exponentially extreme degree

Like you, he didn't break any bones. Tore, stretched and otherwise mangled every tendon, ligament, cartilage, and muscle in the joint. Also like you every sawbones he saw (and they were legion) told him if the bone had broken, he would have been far better off.

He was never the same, and it's been over 35 years.

My friend would never have been a WTP champion anyway. But I believe he could have made a solid living at it if his ankle had broken instead of shredding every bit of soft tissue.

Been 19 months now for me, still only have 50%use of my right arm with maybe 30 % of the strength. Almost always a broken bone is better than soft tissue injury. Glad Drake is recovering so well. but it usually takes at least a year of playing to fully trust a severe injury/ regain pre injury form.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.