Kenyan Drake's speed

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
I agree, and the staph infection made it impossible to heal correctly.
I don't think Drakes injury is anything close in comparison to Prothro.

No doubt, it was a gruesome looking injury, but it was an ankle, which bends in crazy ways naturally.

I tore an ankle up in high school, but it didn't break and the DR. told me I would have been better off if it had broken because it would have healed back stronger.

I know KD's was a nasty looking break, but hopefully he'll be just as fast and strong as before.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I agree, and the staph infection made it impossible to heal correctly.
It was sad. I was at a game a couple years later and Prothro "ran" the game ball out to mid-field before the game. He had a terrible limp and could hardly even walk fast.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I've been a Drake fan since he was a freshman. You could see the massive potential that he has but always seem to be in coach's doghouse or, more recently, injured. I think he has matured so if he remains healthy then I think he could have a huge year. He may not put up the rushing numbers that Trent did in 2011 but I could see him combined rushing and receiving with an bigger year than Ingram, Trent, or Lacy.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
Totally agree with what's been said on the broken bone vs soft tissue thoughts. I was a wild and wily motocross racer at the local and regional level from about age 14-20. I was also a pitcher in high school. I've broken an arm, hand, both thumbs, too many ribs to count, and even had a severe stress facture of the femur a few years back from running.

All of these healed fine with zero residual issues. OTOH, I suffered partial tears of my rotator cuff and labrum from too many curve balls. It's been well over 25 years and I STILL have shoulder issues. I think KD will be just fine.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
He looked a little shaky to me early on but as he got more touches he settled down and looked like the Kenyan Drake that we all were hoping to see.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
He looked a little shaky to me early on but as he got more touches he settled down and looked like the Kenyan Drake that we all were hoping to see.
he almost looks quicker and looser than last year. that freakish touchdown run he had has to give him a huge boost of confidence that he is over his injury.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
The speed, the quickness... All there... Plus what looks like about another 15 pounds and added strength.

The TD run was spectacular!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.