Governor Bentley's wife files for divorce

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'm on my phone so I can't give a link. The filing papers gave no real reason other than the usual legal mumbo-jumbo about irreconcilable differences.

After 50 years, that is sad to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I'm on my phone so I can't give a link. The filing papers gave no real reason other than the usual legal mumbo-jumbo about irreconcilable differences.

After 50 years, that is sad to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is sad. 50 years, huh? It is always crazy to me when older, longtime married couples get divorced.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The article said they separated in January, so I suppose this had nothing to do with that.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Gov. Robert Bentley's wife of 50 years, Dianne, today filed for divorce, saying "their marriage has suffered an irretrievable breakdown," according to court records.

The couple, both 72, were married in 1965 and have four children.

The filing cites "complete incompatibility of temperament" and states they have been separated since January. The filing also lists her address as Tuscaloosa and his as Montgomery.

"There exists a conflict of personalities which destroys the legitimate aims of matrimony and all possibilities of reconciliation are futile," the filing states.
In today's filing, Dianne Bentley asks for the governor to pay for all debts the couple incurred during the marriage, as well as her attorney fees. She also seeks sole ownership of all property they acquired during their marriage.
LINK

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
thats what makes this very surprising. To hear my state representative tell it, the gov has not been himself since Jan
Curiously, there was an April Fool's notice from his office that he had changed from the Republican to the Democrat Party. Since then, he's acted more like a Democrat than a Republican in that he's proposed massive tax increases in Alabama. It makes me wonder whether it really was an April Fool' joke.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was at a meeting years ago in Mobile. It was mixed, mostly MDs and fewer lawyers. I was sitting with an older radiologist from here and his wife. They'd probably been married 50 years at the time. She looked out at the dance floor and observed "Look at all those old doctors and their young trophy wives. I commented that the lawyers couldn't afford them. Of course, in more recent years, more can, particularly plaintiff's lawyers...

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Apparently, Gov. Bentley did not need Ashley Madison. ;) I can't believe all of the snooping tabloid websites in Alabama haven't had a heyday with this yet. And, yes. She is younger.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.