2016 C Marques Bolden

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
BOL has a VIP article about Bolden. Here's the biggest part:
Wow. Two 5* in the same class would put us ahead of schedule. CAJ's hiring of the assisantt coach that is both T-Ferg's and Bolden's AAU coach is huge (forget his name, I probably want say this again). If the Dallas area continues to produce elite talent we will continue to do well.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
Bolden is visiting Duke this weekend. Hope it rains and someone offends him :tongue:
you know, it would be classic if a group of ua fans purchased a section of duke seats and chanted his name during the game tomorrow. shouldn't be too hard to find tickets for a duke football game and it would be long over before our game started. :wink:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Has to be good news for Bama:

@NextCats Marques Bolden will not attend Big Blue Madness on Friday night, his father just told me. Bolden won't visit Duke on Saturday night either.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Has to be good news for Bama:

@NextCats Marques Bolden will not attend Big Blue Madness on Friday night, his father just told me. Bolden won't visit Duke on Saturday night either.
I saw that also and agree it can only mean good news for Bama. This would be a huge pull figuratively and literally.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I swear recruiting is on the highest level I've ever seen for basketball.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR
At least since the 70's and early 80's but to land Bolden would put this class as the best ever signed by UA in basketball. Signing Bobby Lee Hurt and Ennis Whatley was a huge win in the early 80's but as good as they were they were not rated as highly as TFerg, Key, and Bolden plus the JuCo player (can't think of his name).

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
At least since the 70's and early 80's but to land Bolden would put this class as the best ever signed by UA in basketball. Signing Bobby Lee Hurt and Ennis Whatley was a huge win in the early 80's but as good as they were they were not rated as highly as TFerg, Key, and Bolden plus the JuCo player (can't think of his name).
Wimp had great recruiting in the late 80's/early 90's. McKey, Hollywood Robinson, Latrell Sprewell, Antonio McDyess, to name a few. All had very good to great NBA careers so it does not go all the way back to the 70's/early 80's.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Wimp had great recruiting in the late 80's/early 90's. McKey, Hollywood Robinson, Latrell Sprewell, Antonio McDyess, to name a few. All had very good to great NBA careers so it does not go all the way back to the 70's/early 80's.
Yes I was a student at UA from 88-92 and saw most of those guys. I think the point to original post and my response was that we are putting together a class that rivals a class that UK, UNC, Duke, etc, would sign. Wimp signed some very good players but usually it was 1-2 good players with some role players filling in. Also, some of these guys might not have been national recruits that he had to battle the likes of UK, UNC, and Duke to sign. Horry would have been. Hollywood Robinson was highly coveted. If I recall correctly McKey was somewhat of a find as was Sprewell.

mikelove

Scout Team
Oct 4, 2014
I believe the recruiting will get better after they see us improve under CAJ.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.