2016 C Marques Bolden

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Any word on when he plans to commit and when he plans to sign?

It would be great if he picked Alabama. Getting commitments from elite players can build on itself and attract other big-time recruits.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
ESPN's director of recruiting:

@PaulBiancardi Big man from Texas Marques Bolden tells ESPN his final school list. Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Oklahoma, TCU, Alabama & Wake Forest.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
This just got interesting...big time. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, I love Duke "worrying" about us for a legit, powerhouse 5 star center.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
This just got interesting...big time. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, I love Duke "worrying" about us for a legit, powerhouse 5 star center.
With you. Change "Duke" to "anyone" and it works for me. I can't remember the last large-time, legit, center we had. Not a PF playing the post, but a CENTER. Leon Douglas, maybe? Derrick McKey?

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
With you. Change "Duke" to "anyone" and it works for me. I can't remember the last large-time, legit, center we had. Not a PF playing the post, but a CENTER. Leon Douglas, maybe? Derrick McKey?
We had Roy Rogers who was a legit C but was not big time as far as a recruit. Roy did play in the NBA for a little bit and was a shot blocking machine.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I'm a Duke fan in College Basketball, and have been since childhood, but this makes me happy. I've been waiting a long time to have real excitement around Alabama basketball, and CAJ has injected that. This makes me excited for basketball season and football hasn't started.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
BOL has a VIP article about Bolden. Here's the biggest part:

Alabama is in exclusive roundball company on the list with the likes of Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Baylor, Oklahoma, TCU and Wake Forest. According to sources close to the 6-foot-10, 235-pound center, Bolden had a great visit to Alabama over the weekend and gained a lot of ground. The same sources indicate that the Tide is a legitimate contender for his signature and not just a courtesy inclusion on his list. The same individuals close to Bolden who once thought Alabama was a longshot feel that the Tide is trending and trending big.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.