Kiffin--On The Field Or In The Pressbox?

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Anybody heard anything? Seems to me, if we are indeed running a no huddle scheme that he'd probably need to be on the sideline so he can signal in the plays. He has said though, that he prefers to be in the press box because he can see the entire field better. Any scoop on this? sip
He'll remain on the field most likely

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
It depends on several factors: who is in the press box LK is not? Can he see what LK sees? Who is on the sideline "coaching the QB up" if LK is in the press box?

Interesting dynamics...can you imagine the flack if he went to the PB and we did markedly worse or better at QB?

This is a Great point! You have to have a very talented all seeing coach upstairs, Burton Burns handled that Great! I'm with everyone saying don't try to fix a good thing. CLK did his best work on the sidelines when things didn't go as planned. Seeing him, Kirby &CNS there really adds to our strengths..

If the Defense is as good as people are saying well, it won't matter.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
I would think the sideline, there isn't enough room in the press box to throw up your arms for touchdown before the ball is thrown and then run 30 yards down the sideline. He'd hit the wall of the press box in his excitement.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
It will be a CNS call, which means sideline. Besides, if CLK were in the box, we wouldn't get all those funny pics of him and CNS on the sidelines with the awkward facial expressions. ;)

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I seem to remember CLK stating last year that he liked being on the side line versus the press box. I'm sure it will be CNS call but I liked Clk on the sideline so he could be face to face with the QB as well as CNS. Wasn't Coach McElwain in the press box during his tenure at Bama? Have we ever had an OC on the sideline besides CLK last year?
Coach Moore was on the sideline when he ran the offense for Coach Bryant and Coach Stallings.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Great to hear that CLK will be on the field this fall. I think CLK realized how valuable that is for him to be on the field... He can make adjustments and hear feedback from the players... That's why I have a feeling that He'll be much better coach this year.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
He needs to be on my couch - because it was clear from my couch we needed to run the dang ball left against the Buckeyes.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
I liked watching Coach and Coach Kiffin on the sidelines together. It let you see how Coach is involved with the offense. He has always been, you just could not tell on the headset. His interactions with Kiffin and Smart is interesting, but I like it when he gets ....ed at Bobby Williams and special teams. Those looks are priceless. Bobby just stands there and stares off in space......comical.

Coach must really love Bobby, because I would have fired the guy a long time ago. LOL
Bobby must have some compromising pictures of Coach Saban, somewhere...don't you think?

You're right. The look on Bobby's face is priceless when CNS is yelling about a poor special teams play.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It will be a CNS call, which means sideline. Besides, if CLK were in the box, we wouldn't get all those funny pics of him and CNS on the sidelines with the awkward facial expressions. ;)
CLK got his revenge in his acceptance speech of the assistant's award. When came out with the line to the effect that Nick followed him up and down the sidelines begging him to run the ball more, I realized that he and Saban a had highly "tight" relationship, or he wouldn't have had the confidence to do that. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't discussed it and Saban OKed it...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.