QB Transfers Change How a Coach Manages and Recruits

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I think this is accurate. There may be a few who stick it out till their senior year but most will move on if they are highly rated. As much as I would like to keep ours, I can't say I blame them for wanting to move on and play for more than one year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
IMO, transferring for a better educational fit makes sense and most of the transferring QBs harm their futures. The reality - if you have to transfer to start, your future will almost certainly be determined by things other than your arm. Better to arm yourself with the best education possible at that point.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
In a perfect world (for the university) 2 guys with experience battle it out for the job and leave the backups to be freshmen or redshirt freshmen so they can get playing time. We have a logjam because nobody established themselves as the starter shoo everybody hung around trying to get the job.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Interesting he listed Coker as having won the Alabama job, when the article was published early Friday AM, presumably written Thursday or earlier.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Interesting that Baker Mayfield will start at OU over Trev Knight, the kid that beat us in the sugar bowl a few yrs ago. Talk about a one hit wonder, Knight hasnt done anything noteworthy since that night in the superdome.

I've been saying it for a while--We'll probably lose either Cornwelll or Barnett sometime during the next two yrs.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Cornwell has dug himself such a hole that I think he will probably transfer. I firmly expect him to be passed by Barnett and then he has Hurts behind him. He's the one with the most to gain from transferring. Seems like QBs transferring out of Bama haven't had that much luck lately...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Cornwell has dug himself such a hole that I think he will probably transfer. I firmly expect him to be passed by Barnett and then he has Hurts behind him. He's the one with the most to gain from transferring. Seems like QBs transferring out of Bama haven't had that much luck lately...
Ely was doing well until he got hurt. Like you said though not much luck.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Do you think it is the "let-down" factor? They were at the top tier and usually in transferring they are not...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.