Link: Some chilling photos of the Third Reich...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm in the 1st third of 1962 book, ' Rise and Fall of Third Reich'. So far nothing but thuggish intimidation, manipulation, and propaganda; the real takeover began when large business donated bunches of cash because of the 'inevitability' of his rise to power.
I presume you mean the Shirer book. I've been tempted to go back and re-read it...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
We can only be free if we all think and act exactly like the rest of the crowd.

Looking at the last photo (looking out from the platform at Nuremburg at that huge crowd, what struck me was "what if someone in the middle of that crowd had to go to the bathroom?"
That is a lot people and I don't see a lot of toilets.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We can only be free if we all think and act exactly like the rest of the crowd.

Looking at the last photo (looking out from the platform at Nuremburg at that huge crowd, what struck me was "what if someone in the middle of that crowd had to go to the bathroom?"
That is a lot people and I don't see a lot of toilets.
Super races, of course, have super bladders...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm in the 1st third of 1962 book, ' Rise and Fall of Third Reich'. So far nothing but thuggish intimidation, manipulation, and propaganda; the real takeover began when large business donated bunches of cash because of the 'inevitability' of his rise to power.
Well the ironic thing is the allies created hitler when they made Versailles a punitive document instead of a peace treaty.

I think the biggest misconception is that the German people were ultra radicalized people that were totally invested in the ideals of hitler. Most Germans just wanted a more profitable government that could survive the humiliation and desperation caused by Versailles. The Weimar Republic was one of the weakest governments ever built and it pushed the Germans to the brink of collapse in the 20s. So desperate times cause desperate decisions and hitler seemed to be a better option.

Modern people act as though the US would never fall into a regime like the Germans did in the 30s, but the ironic thing is that some of the US's big businesses like Ford openly supported Nazi Germany in the 30s. Also ask yourself would a significant portion of Americans 8 years ago be behind trump. Not in anyway saying trump is in anyway comparable to hitler, I'm just saying desperation amongst people bring more radical potential leaders. So I sorta understand why businesses dumped money into the nazis in that time period.

The photos are very chilling

tidegrandpa

All-American
Well the ironic thing is the allies created hitler when they made Versailles a punitive document instead of a peace treaty.

I think the biggest misconception is that the German people were ultra radicalized people that were totally invested in the ideals of hitler. Most Germans just wanted a more profitable government that could survive the humiliation and desperation caused by Versailles. The Weimar Republic was one of the weakest governments ever built and it pushed the Germans to the brink of collapse in the 20s. So desperate times cause desperate decisions and hitler seemed to be a better option.

Modern people act as though the US would never fall into a regime like the Germans did in the 30s, but the ironic thing is that some of the US's big businesses like Ford openly supported Nazi Germany in the 30s. Also ask yourself would a significant portion of Americans 8 years ago be behind trump. Not in anyway saying trump is in anyway comparable to hitler, I'm just saying desperation amongst people bring more radical potential leaders. So I sorta understand why businesses dumped money into the nazis in that time period.

The photos are very chilling
Hitler was a lazy opportunist that used Versailles to bind the hate of a bunch of thugs. He sensed and took advantage of the weakness of his opponents.
He was leech and a community organizer. No body created him, he was allowed to gain power through the weakness of the standing government, created by the sheepishness of their own incompetence and greed.

Last edited by a moderator:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Hitler was a lazy opportunist that used Versailles to bind the hate of a bunch of thugs. He sensed and took advantage of the weakness of his opponents.
He was leech and a community organizer. No body created him, he was allowed to gain power through the weakness of the standing government, created by the sheepishness of their own incompetence and greed.
Without Versailles there is no hitler so thus clemaceu, Orlando, and Britian created him.

Hitler is actually a weird leader in history. His rise to power had more to do with Weimar than the nazis. Initially hitler was tasked with spying on the nazis, but fell in love with their ideals and they fell in love with his fiery rhetoric. He failed twice before he got a position on the Weimar. It wasn't until he replaced the brown shirts with the SS when he had absolute power.

To call hitler a lazy leader isn't really accurate. Opportunist I can see, but lazy no. He took a military beer club and made it a government pretty much with rhetoric and a book. That isn't what I would define lazy. Also it's worth noting hitler was a changed man after Versailles. Numerous historical evidence points to that. Heck there were a lot of nazi sympathizers and anti government groups in the USA during the 30s. But you don't call Americans sheepish. Desperation brings out wolves, and people accept wolves over failing governments. Sometimes they work, but often times they don't. In the face of Versailles and the depression I think it's hard for anyone to blame Germans for being PO'd and accepting someone who guarantees change. The vast majority of Americans accepted Obama didn't they, and a good percentage are accepting trump and Bernie aren't they?

Last edited by a moderator:

tidegrandpa

All-American
Without Versailles there is no hitler so thus clemaceu, Orlando, and Britian created him.

Hitler is actually a weird leader in history. His rise to power had more to do with Weimar than the nazis. Initially hitler was tasked with spying on the nazis, but fell in love with their ideals and they fell in love with his fiery rhetoric. He failed twice before he got a position on the Weimar. It wasn't until he replaced the brown shirts with the SS when he had absolute power.

To call hitler a lazy leader isn't really accurate. Opportunist I can see, but lazy no. He took a military beer club and made it a government pretty much with rhetoric and a book. That isn't what I would define lazy. Also it's worth noting hitler was a changed man after Versailles. Numerous historical evidence points to that.
Some points I agree with, but it's a fact he abhorred working for a living. That's my idea of lazy.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Some points I agree with, but it's a fact he abhorred working for a living. That's my idea of lazy.
Well he did join the army as a trench runner so....

I think if you look at hitler objectively you will find that he is a mix of Nathan Bedford forest and David koerish. He is an outcast that is given the highest power of a group because of his passion for a cause. So in a way you can ask "why should he work like a private when he is given the respect of a general?" Hitler prior to joining the nazis is a totally different person. He is a failed Austrian artist that tried to join his nation's army only to be rejected. Germany accepts him into their army. This is probably the first time in hitler's life that he feels accepted. So he is probably fiercely loyal to Germany to an extent that even your common patriot wouldn't be. So when the nazis put this loner in power he probably feels that he is done being a foot soldier and his duty is those of a general.

Not a hitler apologist, but I just don't think hitler is a lazy bum that got lucky and totally changed a nation without much effort. Hitler is still a monster in my eyes, but I think had the 14 points been adopted then he is a footnote in history that doesn't take power.

Also it's worth pointing out that there is a good possibility that if the nazis didn't take power then the communists probably would. So the consequences of Versailles would've probably still resulted in an ultra radical regime in Germany even without hitler

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well he did join the army as a trench runner so....

I think if you look at hitler objectively you will find that he is a mix of Nathan Bedford forest and David koerish. He is an outcast that is given the highest power of a group because of his passion for a cause. So in a way you can ask "why should he work like a private when he is given the respect of a general?" Hitler prior to joining the nazis is a totally different person. He is a failed Austrian artist that tried to join his nation's army only to be rejected. Germany accepts him into their army. This is probably the first time in hitler's life that he feels accepted. So he is probably fiercely loyal to Germany to an extent that even your common patriot wouldn't be. So when the nazis put this loner in power he probably feels that he is done being a foot soldier and his duty is those of a general.

Not a hitler apologist, but I just don't think hitler is a lazy bum that got lucky and totally changed a nation without much effort. Hitler is still a monster in my eyes, but I think had the 14 points been adopted then he is a footnote in history that doesn't take power.

Also it's worth pointing out that there is a good possibility that if the nazis didn't take power then the communists probably would. So the consequences of Versailles would've probably still resulted in an ultra radical regime in Germany even without hitler
I pretty much agree. I don't think that Hitler was lazy. However, most people forget that he tried to join the Communist Party and was rejected. Talk about history-changing...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.