Early Lines for Week 1 Games of Note

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Hi all. Glad to see everyone made it back for another season of college football. God is good.

Some good games on the slate to start out the season. So let's get to it.

TideFans.com neither condones nor promotes any form of gambling of any kind. The numbers below are for entertainment purposes only.

• South Carolina and the Head Ball Coach open as 3.5 point favorites over the TarHeels of UNC
  • Utah is a 3 pt favorite over Michigan
  • TCU opens as 16 pt favorites over Minnesota
  • Vandy is a 17.5 pt favorite over Western Kentucky
  • Baylor is favored by 20 over SMU
  • The Jim McElwain era will begin in Gainesville with the Gators as 38 pt favorites over New Mexico St.
  • Auburn is favored by 10.5 over Louisville
  • Texas A&M is a 3 pt favorite over Arizona St.
  • Tennessee opened as a 17 pt favorite over Bowling Green
  • UGA is a 31 pt favorite over La-Monroe
  • Kentucky is a 2 TD favorite over La-Lafayette
  • Arkansas is favored by 35 over UTEP
  • Texas is a 9 pt underdog to Notre Dame
  • Alabama opened as a 10 pt favorite over Wisconsin
  • Miss St is favored by 13 over Southern Miss
  • Ohio St. is favored by 14 over VaTech
  • No line for Ole Miss & UT-Martin

Enjoy responsibly! And Roll Tide!!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Re: Early Odds for Week 1 Games of Note

I think Louisville might play Auburn a lot closer than "the experts" think.
Texas beats Notre Dame

It is just plain weird seeing Michigan as an underdog to Utah

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I think TAMU destroys Ariz St. They win by way more than 3. I also think overall that TAMU will be (with Sumlin's offense and Chavis's defense) what everyone thinks Auburn will be (with Guschamp)

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
If I were a betting man, I'd take the under on Louisville. I think they play Auburn a lot tougher than most. I wish there was a way that they could both lose.

I'd also take the over on Notre Dame. Texas' offense is still a dumpster fire, and if Zaire is even a halfway competent quarterback, they'll put up enough points to wreck the horns. I'm expecting a similar result to what Arky did to Bevo last bowl season.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
If I were a betting man, I'd take the under on Louisville. I think they play Auburn a lot tougher than most. I wish there was a way that they could both lose.

I'd also take the over on Notre Dame. Texas' offense is still a dumpster fire, and if Zaire is even a halfway competent quarterback, they'll put up enough points to wreck the horns. I'm expecting a similar result to what Arky did to Bevo last bowl season.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Agree on your UT-ND thoughts. I really like Swoopes's running ability. But Zaire's arm talent is very impressive

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Let me research Louisville and see what they have. Because if they have the weapons to make true what you say then I will definitely watch tthat game.
They have a QB competition between two guys with varying styles. Bobby P won't name a starter just to make Auburn prepare for both. That can't hurt Louisville's chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
They have a QB competition between two guys with varying styles. Bobby P won't name a starter just to make Auburn prepare for both. That can't hurt Louisville's chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems to be a common theme this preseason. Smart for a game

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I think TAMU destroys Ariz St. They win by way more than 3. I also think overall that TAMU will be (with Sumlin's offense and Chavis's defense) what everyone thinks Auburn will be (with Guschamp)
Arizona State is going to have a very good team. Herbie picked them to make the CFP.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
South Carolina and the Head Ball Coach open as 3.5 point favorites over the TarHeels of UNC - UNC wins straight up
Utah is a 3 pt favorite over Michigan - Utah wins, probably covers the 3
TCU opens as 16 pt favorites over Minnesota - TCU probably wins but does not cover the 16
Vandy is a 17.5 pt favorite over Western Kentucky - WKU wins straight up
Baylor is favored by 20 over SMU - Baylor covers the 20
The Jim McElwain era will begin in Gainesville with the Gators as 38 pt favorites over New Mexico St.

Auburn is favored by 10.5 over Louisville - barn covers easily
Texas A&M is a 3 pt favorite over Arizona St. - ASU wins straight up
Tennessee opened as a 17 pt favorite over Bowling Green - ut wins but probably doesn't cover the 17
UGA is a 31 pt favorite over La-Monroe

Kentucky is a 2 TD favorite over La-Lafayette

Arkansas is favored by 35 over UTEP

Texas is a 9 pt underdog to Notre Dame

Alabama opened as a 10 pt favorite over Wisconsin - 34-13 Bama!
Miss St is favored by 13 over Southern Miss - MSU probably covers
Ohio St. is favored by 14 over VaTech

No line for Ole Miss & UT-Martin

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Let me research Louisville and see what they have. Because if they have the weapons to make true what you say then I will definitely watch tthat game.
Only one P5 team (Kansas with 8) returns fewer starters than does Louisville with 9. Single digit returning starters would not bode well for Bama. Sure doesn't for Louisville.The barn covers easily.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The Cajuns will cover vs UK -- and if the ball bounces right, they could upset the Wildcats.....

The have a Running Back that has SEC potential. Elijah McGuire......

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thanks as always, Mack...great job! :cool:

I think that TAM/ASU game will be a good one.

I don't see L'ville competing with the barn.

Looking forward to seeing how KY, UGA, and UT does....as well as UF and UA of course! :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.