predictions for this season

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
How many (projected) tough games does OSU have on their schedule? One (MSU)? By the way, this is not a criticism per se of OSU. You play who`s on your schedule. Having said that, if that assessment is accurate, then OSU not making the playoffs would be a colossal fold up, IMHO.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
SEC East:
Georgia (11-1)
Florida (9-3)
Tennessee (9-3)
Missouri (8-4)
South Carolina (7-5)
Kentucky (7-5)
Vanderbilt (4-8)

SEC West:
Alabama (12-0)
Texas A&M (10-2)
Arkansas (10-2)
LSU (9-3)
Ole Miss (7-5)
Barn (6-6)
Miss St (5-7)

SEC Champion: Alabama (13-0)

Pac 12: USC (11-2)
Big 12: Baylor (11-1)
ACC: Clemson (11-2)
B1G: Michigan State (12-1)

CFP Semifinals:
Alabama vs USC
Baylor vs Michigan State

National Championship Game:
Alabama vs Michigan State

Alabama wins the National Championship.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
UTK vs. GA. decides the east.

Bama vs. LSU decides the west.

Barn's defense gets better; Barn's offense regresses (Gus needs a running qb to make his tricks work)

Bama's turns back the clock and wins with defense with an "average" offense this year.

Bama vs. GA in SECCG in a slobber-knocker.

OSU skates into playoff with Bama, Clemson and Sooners.

Can't look beyond that because how silly is it to predict the future?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Several thoughts:

1. Ohio State isn't going to repeat. Aside from the fact that it is really difficult to do and is in fact rarely done, they have to battle something that Urban Meyer rarely handles well: complacency. After winning it all in 2006 with Florida, they had a mediocre year in 2007. After winning it all again in 2008, they returned almost everyone and struggled with complacency all year long. Granted, they ran the table, but the fall off in performance was real. And Alabama trucked them in the SEC title game. At Ohio State, they had two great years in a row but being on probation, they were left with a feeling of not having accomplished anything, which gave them the hunger to succeed last year. Yes, they have a weak schedule, but someone is going to get them whether its Virginia Tech, Michigan State, Michigan, or the B1G championship game. Heck, it may even be the national semi-finals before it happens, but it will happen. I'll say it's Michigan State in November.

2. Baylor isn't going to win the Big 12. Way too much off the field distraction the last few weeks, plus replacing some key players, and I think that is enough to allow TCU to knock them off in the Big 12 title race. Which knocks them out of the playoff. TCU will win the Big 12 and be in the final 4.

3. The SEC is going to be a bloodbath. I think Alabama is the best team overall, but several more teams are very close and have advantages in key areas. The West will be particularly brutal. I think we emerge in the end but not without a loss along the way. Our defense will be the best in the country but for one week the offensive growing pains will be too much to overcome. Maybe against Texas A&M or Georgia. Tennessee wins the East and we'll rematch against them in Atlanta. While the regular season game is pretty close, we'll destroy them in the SEC title game.

4. USC implodes, as usual. Oregon and Arizona State play in the Pac 12 title game, and Oregon wins a close game.

5. Georgia Tech wins the ACC, even though they play one of the tougher schedules.

6. Playoffs: 1. TCU (12-0) 2. Alabama (12-1) 3. Michigan State (12-1) 4. Oregon (12-1)

7. Alabama vs. Oregon for the NC, finally, to the delight of all the sportswriters and most fans. As usual, their offense isn't big enough to compete against an SEC front 7, and their speed is a wash against Alabama's. Our offense mauls their defense in the second half. Alabama 38, Oregon 10.

8. Coker finishes the year strong, with about 3200 yards passing and 25 TDs. Henry has a monster year with 1500 yards rushing and 300 yards receiving and 18 total TDs. Drake is thought of as a high draft pick after 1000 yards rushing and 500 yards receiving and 15 TDs of his own. Stewart is the leading receiver with 800 yards. Foster has a good year with around 700, and Black has around 500 himself. OJ Howard has a decent year with around 400 yards receiving. Ragland wins the Butkus with over 100 tackles, and 4 interceptions. Alabama's defense leads the nation in several categories.

9. TCU's QB wins the Heisman with over 4000 yards passing and 500 rushing and around 50 total TDs.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
UTK vs. GA. decides the east.

Bama vs. LSU decides the west.

Barn's defense gets better; Barn's offense regresses (Gus needs a running qb to make his tricks work)

Bama's turns back the clock and wins with defense with an "average" offense this year.

Bama vs. GA in SECCG in a slobber-knocker.

OSU skates into playoff with Bama, Clemson and Sooners.

Can't look beyond that because how silly is it to predict the future?
as long as Gus has a QB willing to run the throw it up for grabs play and somehow complete it, they will be fine.

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Oh, I forgot to mention, I agree that Auburn will struggle. That offense needs a running QB and while Johnson is athletic, he is a throw first QB and they'll tailor the offense for that. And that's all fine and good except it makes them far more ordinary and, IMO, easier to defend. That, coupled with an overhyped defense which WILL struggle in year 1 under Muschamp, guarantees a finish lower than their preseason billing.

They will still be a tough team, but I think they end up with at least 4 losses in the end.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
as long as Gus has a QB willing to run the throw it up for grabs play and somehow complete it, they will be fine.
Haha...ironically JJ is probably "too good" to do that.

They'll be more conventional...less dynamic IMO.

I've never seen such a mediocre qb have such wild success throwing it up for grabs but he had two things going for him:

1. Defenses were on their tip toes inching up fearing he'd run.
2. He had two athletic wideouts who could go get it.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
BAMA 10-2(UGA and AU) finishes second in SEC West to Auburn. Auburn wins the SEC Championship over UTK.

Playoffs:

1. AU
2. USC
3. TCU
4. Mich St

AU vs TCU in final.
TCU National Champion

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
To be fair, I think TCU will have a great team this year and most likely get into the dance. Their offense is going to be scary explosive. However, they lost like 7 players off their defense from a year ago, so I suspect they'll be in a ton of shootouts and that catches up with them come playoff time.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Bama 11-1

Playoff
1. Bama
2. Ohio State
3. TCU
4. GA.
The only way this happens is for Bama and UGA to beat each other in regular season and SEC CG & both end up 12-1 - and still think it's a reach that they would have a rematch of the SEC CG in the first playoff. Has anyone ever played the same team 3 times in 1 year? (Blue font question)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Either that, or the algae bloom is still in the lake that Wylie gets their water from. Has to be something in the water.
The water still reeks but... I just think TCU has an EASY schedule and a scary good offense. Patterson teams usually play good if not great defense. I also think the one team that can hang with TCU, Baylor is gonna be a big disappointment and the Ken Starr investigation may cost Briles his job before the season is over. Don't think Texas won't try to use its political clout... They never wanted Baylor in the Big 12 to begin with.... They sure as heck don't like playing 2nd fiddle to them....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.