Seahawks Coach comments on HUNH College Teams

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
The HUNH offense is prominent in Texas at the High School level and has been since the early 2000s. Ive often wondered about other states and their HS teams and if this offense is everywhere and not just in Texas.

Anyway, I wonder if more and more College teams are going to this offense because its how the kids are being taught at the HS level? Art Briles for example at Baylor and his offense is plug and play with Freshman. Same thing with TCU now. Players coming out of these HS Texas programs go to Baylor and TCU and have a seamless transition because they pretty much already know the offensive system inside and out.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
It has probably been adopted, in everywhere that you can imagine. It is easier for HS kids to run, takes advantage of having a few good players, and it makes for lots of scoring.

You are correct on TCU and Baylor, which is why I can't stand either of them. I can pay $6 to watch the same thing, and have a better game experience. Maybe $8, if I have to buy tickets at the gate. About what it is worth.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Tim Tebow is living proof of what these gimmick style offenses in high school and college do to prepare QB's. NFL people talked about how bad his mechanics were and still are. And, teams are not going to invest millions in a guy and ask him to run the read option. They would get killed.
Good point and in line with the only HUNH players that are NFL ready are the receivers.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Can someone refresh me as to what happened the last time Pete Carroll had a game on the line? He went old school and plowed it into the end zone to establish a dynasty, right? I'm sure based on what he said there that that's what he did. Surely.
Tom Cable isn't Pete Carroll though. The article was about Cable not Carroll.
“Unfortunately, I think we’re doing a huge disservice to offensive football players — other than a receiver — that come out of these spread systems,” Cable said, via Seattle Post-Intelligencer. “The runners aren’t as good. They aren’t taught how to run. The blockers aren’t as good. The quarterbacks aren’t as good. They don’t know how to read coverage and throw progressions. They have no idea.”

While the decision not to run Lynch was stupid, its not like great coaches aren't subject to stupid decisions in big games. CNS has his share (2012 aTm) same scenario.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.