Pick the score: Wisconsin vs. Alabama

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I'll go with 17-3. Whisky is hard to figure out...lost to the corndogs 28-24 first game of last season, get blown out by O state in the championship game 59-0 then punk Barney 34-31 three weeks later.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I think we win and cover. Don't see a pathway for them to score more than 20, and I'm building in a major offense or ST mistake to get them to that.

Say 31 -13. I think the O/U is pretty high for a first game with one team having a new QB and one who is, well, not that highly-regarded.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Probably not popular to call it this close but, 17-10 Bama.

Breaking in new QB's with 2 defensively minded teams makes me look at a low scoring game all around. If the Bama running game gels with our O-Line then maybe 24-10.

JohnKester59

Apr 26, 2015
Wisconsin fan here. I understand why Bama fans feel like this one is a typical OOC gimme, and I certainly would feel the same in your shoes, but I think people here are way underselling the Badgers. UW had a top 5 defense last year and should be even better this year. Aranda runs an attacking 3-4 with pressure coming from all over the field. Its not an easy scheme to make your first start against. I think UW will struggle to move the ball much against your front 7 but Bama is going to struggle a bit to move the ball effectively too. UW's D is no joke. As much as I would love to predict a Badger upset I just can't see it happening. That being said, I expect it to be a close game throughout, UW has been playing more talented teams than themselves tough for two decades now and they aren't going to be intimidated by the Bama mystique. As pessimistic as our fans might be, the guys that count are going to step onto that field fully believing that they are the better team and that they are about to impose their will on their way to a W. Bama is going to have to win it, UW isn't going to roll over and let you guys work out some kinks as you prepare for the 'real season'.

I see a low scoring slugfest 20-13 Alabama.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Welcome JK, I might like a higher score but with the two defenses I can see that happening. I think by the same token that our offense isn't given enough credit due to the QB battle but there are three gifted backs and the receivers while not Amari Cooper are more than adequate. Add Kenyan Drake in the slot and it may be a wrinkle the Badger's have a tough time covering. Wife's from New Berlin so have been watching Badger football for a long time and the D is good as is the OL normally. As far as a rush coming from anywhere I think they are used to that playing against our defense and seeing what CKS and CNS can cook up.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Wisconsin fan here. I understand why Bama fans feel like this one is a typical OOC gimme, and I certainly would feel the same in your shoes, but I think people here are way underselling the Badgers. UW had a top 5 defense last year and should be even better this year. Aranda runs an attacking 3-4 with pressure coming from all over the field. Its not an easy scheme to make your first start against. I think UW will struggle to move the ball much against your front 7 but Bama is going to struggle a bit to move the ball effectively too. UW's D is no joke. As much as I would love to predict a Badger upset I just can't see it happening. That being said, I expect it to be a close game throughout, UW has been playing more talented teams than themselves tough for two decades now and they aren't going to be intimidated by the Bama mystique. As pessimistic as our fans might be, the guys that count are going to step onto that field fully believing that they are the better team and that they are about to impose their will on their way to a W. Bama is going to have to win it, UW isn't going to roll over and let you guys work out some kinks as you prepare for the 'real season'.

I see a low scoring slugfest 20-13 Alabama.
Welcome, JK59. I respect the Badgers a lot. They are a good team. You are right - they will not lay down or be star-struck. They will play tough to the final whistle. Hope you guys win every other game on your schedule unless you make the playoffs, then you'd have to lose again. :)

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
24-13 Bama sounds about right. I predict Wisconsin will have an early score and go up 7-0, but then our defense settles in and we dominate the rest of the game.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.